Nicely Scented Home Cleaners

Discussion in Home & Garden started by sunnyside • May 18, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    When buying household cleaners, do you look for the more nicely scented ones, or are you more in favor of the ones that get the cleaning job done better? I always tend to choose a cleaner that is nicely scented, since even though the main object of the cleaner is to clean, it also has to deodorize. There are some cleaners that are not nicely scented but yet do a very good cleaning job. I go for a combination of both. I like my house to be clean, but I enjoy cleaning more when what I am using has a nice fresh scent. In the end, The House is not only clean, but nicely scented as well.

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    When buying household cleaners, I do look for the more nicely scented ones, I think that all of them can clean nice enough. Otherwise I go for a combination of both. I believe that if yo don't like how it smells then there is no reason to use it. You can clean with odorless one instead.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to have a very clean home so I buy Lysol sprays on sale and found that generic brands at Walmart works just as well as expensive Lysol so I get them also or whichever is cheaper. I like fresh scent home, so I buy the .99 Airwick out of curiosity and like it for their scents are light and not sickly sweet like Febreze can and is at times. I love the scent of linen, lavender or floral. I've tried those air fresheners that you open and let it just evaporate slowly, but found they really go fast.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I entered a sweepstakes a while ago to win a set of nicely scented home cleaners. They're based on natural oils and other products, and I recently receive them. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but the scents are unusual and exotic, so I'm interested to do so. I received laundry detergent and fabric softener, an all purpose cleaner, as well as dish soap and hand soap in a really nice reusable container. The only thing I would have liked that I didn't receive was bar soap, which would have been very nice for my long hot baths.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If there's a brand that offers both nice scent and effective cleaning qualities then I'd go for it. However, if I have to choose one quality over another, I'd prefer a product that cleans up thoroughly after a single application. It saves me water. A number of scented home cleaners I've used so far are not as great at doing the job as non-scented home cleaners.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I seem to have many of the same struggles that other users are speaking of, where it is usually one or the other where it might smell nice but it won't clean, or it will clean well but stink up the whole house. I hate the bleach-like, all clean smell where it is all chemicals, so I really try to avoid that, but I cannot say that I have found my perfect product or anything. I usually stick the harder chemicals when I need to, but I try to limit it and really open up the windows.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Asthma, and it's exacerbated by strong chemical odors, as well as some of the more perfumy scents. Because of that, I try not to use bleach and ammonia products. I use vinegar and water to clean my windows, and also use vinegar and baking soda to clean many other surfaces and items.

I also have Eczema, and so I have to use the free and clear type of products for my laundry. I'm particularly selective about what I use to wash my dishes. I do have a dishwasher here, but I prefer to hand wash dishes, and I really don't like eating off or drinking out of dishes and cups that smell flowery. I always buy citrus scented dish soap for this reason.

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that before I buy any household cleaners I open the bottle in the store and smell it to make sure I like the scent. If the scent isn't appealing to me I will put it back immediately and open a few more. Then once I find one I like and it works well I will stock up on it when it goes on sale. Lately I've been using vinegar and water to clean. The vinegar deodorizes smells nicely and it does a great job cleaning. Vinegar is quite inexpensive especially in a large jug.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I always go for the dual effective type of cleaner which will afford me the effective cleaning power and the after effects of a nice pleasing scent. However, the cleaning agent must be eco-friendly and the scent should not be overbearing which could cause discomfort to persons who suffer from sinus attacks for example

10. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I like lemon scented glass and bathroom cleaners.The closer to the natural smell, the better. Some smell like the local air fresheners that make me dizzy and want to vomit. Scented cleaners just make it easier for us to be able to stand the chore of cleaning. At least we can always have something to look forward to when doing it.