Nightmare Vacations

Discussion in Travel started by LilAnn • Aug 25, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    My entire life I have never been on a real vacation. I have traveled for different purposes, visiting family or work or what not. Now that my husband and I have been saving up for one, I've been looking into a few different hot spots. Leaving the US isn't a possibility. So, since all the ads tell you the good times you can have and they all neglect to tell you the bad, what have you guys seen? Where are the vacation spots, in the continental US, that I should avoid for dear life?

2. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    If you are looking for honest reviews, Trip Advisor is a good spot. You get both the good and bad stories and you can judge for yourself. Travelers also post their own photos, so you can get a better idea about the hotels and places, rather than just the photo edited professional pictures.

I think before giving you any input, a little more about the type of vacation you want to take will be helpful. I travel quite a bit, so I think I can fill you in a little.

3. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    In USA there are lots of vacations destinations where you can enjoy lots of fun. Grand Canyon, Washington D.C., Seattle and San Diego are cool places to enjoy vacations with families. I think you should consider about these hot spots. Jackson Hole is also one of them which should not be neglected while traveling in USA..

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    LilAnn! US is offer plenty of captivating and alluring destinations. If you both are nature lover and wanna enjoy your trip somewhere close to nature's rich charm then i will suggest you to must take a Hawaiian islands tour. But for that you have to save more than others, as it is an expensive tourist spot. Otherwise i will suggest you to go for new york tour that offers fab places, resorts and plenty of tourists traps for couple.By the way my favo is niagara falls, i went there couple of times, each and every time got something new to expereince. If you go there don't forget to check it night viewing. Best of luck hope my suggestion would be useful for you to chose one.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what you like, how far you are willing to travel and how you will travel. What some people enjoy is others idea of a nightmare, for example camping is not my idea of a vacation or fun. Some people hate humidity or the cold. Others like the beach or others like parks and nature. Pretty much you have to narrow it down before anyone can advise you. It also depends on the season as New England in winter is bitter unless that's what you like.

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been to Niagara falls. But it looks so beautiful in the pictures my sister showed me. I would love to see it in person. I'm not even going to kid myself... I would likely wear a life jacket anytime I leave my room, lol. But its one of those experiences I want to have before I'm out of time.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are so many places in the US that you can visit it does depend on the type of vacation you want. If you like nature you want to go someplace where you can be outside most of the time. If you like to shop and have fine dining the high style restaurants would be the place to hangout. I visited New Orleans before Katrina and had a great time visiting the tourist sites during the day and the clubs at night. Always be safe no matter where you go, there are people that prey on tourist and they can tell you are a tourist no matter how hard you try to blend in.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dream is to travel to the US. But what's holding me is the accommodation. Where would I stay? Second is the target destination. America is a big country, is it in New York, California, Vegas? And third is the expenses. The plane ticket alone costs more than $1,000 for one person and I wouldn't be traveling alone. So that dream remains to be a dream until someone in the US would invite us for a grand vacation.

9. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It kind of depends on what your looking for in your vacation. Places like Disneyland are a lot of fun, but if you go on a weekend, it will be absolutely packed and crowded with people. And nobody has fun waiting in lines. Some of the vacation destinations in Hawaii are similar.

Someone recommended it already, but the Grand Canyon is absolutely something everyone should see at least once in their life. I went when I was 9 years old and I still vividly remember it to this day. And at the Canyon, there's hiking, rafting and just being away from everything for awhile.

10. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I have experienced the beauty of the Grand Canyon and had really an amazing time with my buddies.