Nikon S6500 Camera

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by gracie • Oct 23, 2013.

1. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    I've been really wanting to get this camera since couple months ago but have been just waiting to see if the price will drop. I want to check if any of you have experience with Nikon. I had a Samsung camera where I used for years .My niece broke it so I figured I'd spend some money to upgrade to a new and better camera. I also love the red color and the most important is the fact you can choose whether you want to take your picture in soft mode, sephia,etc. I love a 'beautify' setting basically because in Samsung,there's 'beauty shot'. It costs 150 dollars so far and I am waiting to see if the price will drop in Black Friday.

Any advice or comment will be greatly appreciated.

2. jeanwatson

jeanwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    I am a Canon fan, but I care for Nikon quality too! Both are very high quality cameras. The Nikon Coolpix S6500 is one such camera that should be close at hand when you are on move, especially during low-light conditions and you need to take very natural-looking photos in a hurry. The high-quality Nikor lens, the 16 MP and 12x zoom, and the overall Nikon quality will make a difference between a top-quality professional-looking clear and beautiful photograph or a blacked-out wasted and lost photograph. In my opinion, it is that good a camera, so go for it!

I don't think there will be a much price difference in near future, but if you wish to wait around Christmas holidays, you can see a steep fall in price. But if I were you, then I would get that camera and be prepared to collect lots of beautiful and crystal-clear memories (photographs) from now on and well into the holiday season!

3. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I have always believed in Chase Jarvis' mantra that the best camera is the camera that you have. It's not about how high-end your camera is, but it boils down to your creativity, to your vision as a photographer.

4. mjmcomputer

mjmcomputerNew Member

Threads:
    I used to manage a camera store and still occasionally do some freelance work. I have always preferred Nikon cameras. They are excellent cameras, very sharp lenses.

The Coolpix S6500 would be a great little camera to carry around. $150 is a reasonable price for this. If it does go down it won't be much, unless they are doing a clearance sale. 16 megapixels will give you wonderfully sharp images. And well, the red color is just down right sexy. ;)

#4Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that canon is better than nikon and i would suggest you check out some canon deals on amazon and maybe you will find something that could be worth or similar to what you are looking for in the nikon

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For what it's worth, I just did a quick search on Google for the camera, and saw it for sale online as low as $119 at Adorama. I'm not sure how low you are waiting for it to go, but from what I can tell the camera originally retailed in the $200+ range, so that is quite a markdown. Some places will even offer free shipping as long as your order is over $25 - $35, such as Amazon. I've ordered from Adorama many times in the past, especially when I was in Photography classes in college, and they are a reputable company, right up there with B&H when it comes to cameras and camera supplies.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about the Nikon S6500, which is a very nice camera. I have always wanted to get this camera because it offers a great zoom, which is good for taking far away pictures. The only drawback is that the camera isn't available for sale in the United States, which I have to order it through a foreign country that offers the camera. I am a little disappointed because it's the camera I really want.