Ninja Coffee Bar

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Feb 16, 2016.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We have needed a new coffee pot for awhile but did not want to buy another Keurig. We just got tired of the K-cups and the machines just don't seem to last for the price you. After careful consideration, we decided to buy a Ninja Coffee Bar. Can I just tell you that we absolutely love it! It was a little pricey, but we combined coupons with sales and even got a $20 rebate, but it was so worth the money. The coffee tastes great. We can brew a whole pot, a half a pot, or a single cup, so there's little waste. And, if you love specialty drinks, you really can make them at home for a whole lot less than going to the coffee store. I personally love to get Flat Whites from Starbucks. Seriously, I make them at home now and they taste exactly the same. I highly recommend this machine!

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We know someone who also bought one of the Ninja Coffee Bars, and I think that they like theirs, as well. However, from what he has said, they mostly just make regular coffee with it, although the fact that you can make anywhere from one cup to a whole pot seems like a great idea.
    Does the Ninja also have a built-in coffee grinder, or does it only use pre-ground coffee ? My husband likes the taste of freshly ground coffee, but he dislikes having to spend the extra time first thing in the morning to grind the coffee.
    We have been talking about getting one of those coffee makers that has a coffee grinder as part of the unit. Then, he could either use the whole beans, or the already ground coffee, which ever he wanted to do.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    It does not have a built-in coffee grinder. We buy whole beans and grind them ourselves with a grinder we already had, or we just coffee grounds. Many years ago we had one of the machines that ground the beans before it brewed. It was a nice feature, but very loud during grinding. That wasn't really an issue except during the week when we set the timer to auto-start at 4:30 am and the sound of the grinder woke up our young kids. That was many years ago, though, so maybe technology has advanced enough to where the machine is much more quiet.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, I will have to tell my ex about this, he loves to buy coffeepots. Seriously, he has certain "buzz" items that he can't resist buying, and coffeepots are one of them! Seriously, I have two! I used to have a Keurigs, but making one cup at a time just wasn't practical. and I hated buying those expensive k cups,anad using that little filter thing they have for regular coffee that always made a nasty little mess. No, Thank YOu. I didn't know any coffeepots came with a built in grinder, that sounds neat!

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The sad part about this whole thing (for me, at least), is that we USED to have one of the coffee makers that had the built-in grinder. However, back then, we seldom used the grinder feature. I then discovered the Brewstation, which does not use a coffee pot , so it can't drip or break on you. The Brewstation is great because it holds the coffee inside of the machine, and keeps it nice and fresh and hot, and you just dispense it a cup at a time.
    But now, my husband has decided that. He prefers fresh ground coffee beans, but dislikes having to grind them himself before making coffee in the early morning. I think he might be kind of like your husband, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon , and just likes to try different coffee makers.
    We have also had single serve ones, and regular ones, as well as the ones mentioned above. So far, we have not had a Keurig, both because they seem to be insanely expensive, and because my husband wants a whole pot of coffee in the mornings, and not have to make it for each cup.
    He also has a gigantic coffee cup, so a one-cup coffee maker would not even fill up his coffee cup !

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So the secret behind all those awesome coffee shop fraps is having a great coffeemaker machine? Of course, mixing the right ingredients in the right way adds oomph to your homemade frap too. I like grinding coffees manually and using a blender but when I do have enough funds at my disposal, I might buy a coffeemaker just like the one you're using.