Ninja or other blenders

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by phyllo • Nov 4, 2014.

1. phyllo

phylloNew Member

Threads:
    My friend has a Ninja blender. It looks like one of those rare as seen on TV things that may work. It seems to work great but is expensive.

Have you found other appliances that are worth it from the TV? I like to buy things in person (after looking at Amazon reviews) or get them on Amazon, but personal reviews seem just as important, if not more so. My friend's Ninja made pesto... I'd like to make sauces, smoothies, fresh whipping cream, and puree soups. Are there good blenders for that besides the Ninja?

2. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I've bought a blender like this a few months ago, I think it was called Smoothie Maker or something like this, it worked great, exactly as in the commercial, but after a few months it gone broke. I don't know, maybe it was the way I overused it regularly or maybe it wasn't made to last.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love my ninja. None of the newer versions or the one that looks like a regular blender. I use the original set and they work amazingly.. does everything necessary and it's super convenient and easy to use. No major clean up or nooks and crannies for germs to hide when cleaning.. it's my favourite kitchen tool. You do have to be careful not to burn it out though, I never blend for too long at one time, but I wouldn't do that with any blender.

4. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about the Ninja because we don't have any type of as seen on tv programs, but I do have a Vitamix and it does all the things that you would like it to do. It's a really powerful blender. It's more like a professional grade blender and it has a lot of different functions. I make smoothies in less than 30 seconds. I also make hot soups. Yes, because of the speed and motor power behind the Vitamix, it does heat the soup up for you. I also make ice cream in it in less than a minute. I also make peanut butter in it.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Ninja Master Prep is good for making all those things you listed, but I find myself using the Magic Bullet for drinks because it has interchangeable cups with handles and you can drink right out of the cup after blending a drink.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Ninja blender and I really like it. It comes with the small one serving cups, too, so you can either make a whole pitcher full, or just one serving. It is powerful, and also easy to keep clean.
    Pretty much it does the job of both ablender and a food processor . I use mine to make cole slaw with, chop up carrots or other vegetables for stirfry, or even for things like a carrot cake, becasue you can chop the carrots as coarse or as fine as you want them.
    I also have a Magic Bullet, and it is fine for just mixing up a smoothis; but pretty much useless if you want to blend up heavy fruit like apples, or veggies, in the smoothie.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    If you're considering the Ninja, just take a little more time or money and step up to a Vitamix or Blendtec. The warranty and reputation will be worth it. You'll be using the blender more than you imagine when you invest that kind of money and I'm including the Ninja, so make it a worthwhile purchase from the beginning.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have a Vitamix, and they are certainly the top of the line, as far as I am concerned. Even though I love the Ninja, if money were not a deciding factor; I would certainly go with a vitamix.
    However, the vitamix cost over twice as much as a Ninja, and even the Ninja was expensive. If a person can afford to spend over $400 for a blender; then thereis no choice , buy a vitamix hands down. It just is not in my budget in any way, shape or form anymore.
    But the good news is that the Ninja does everything I need, and should last therest of my life, and they are worth the cost, too.

9. chelessweeps

chelessweepsNew Member

Threads:
    I got a Ninja Blender for Christmas last year. It has all the power that I need for normal day to day jobs. I have used it for juicing and like that it keeps the fiber in the juice unlike most traditional juicers. It cleans up easily and has the option to add additional attachments. Others, like the Vitamix, are great, but for the money, the Ninja has been a winner for me.

10. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I have a magic bullet which I absolutely love. The multiple cups with interchangeable blades and lids is extremely useful as previously mentioned by another member here. It is extremely convenient being able to drink out of the same cup I made the smoothie in. I do not have to worry about messes from pouring a conventional blender and having extra dishes to wash. Plus, it is very quick. It does a fairly good job.

11. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I think Magic Bullet is the most popular among appliances that are sold on TV. It has gained enough popularity to be available in stores like Macys. I think it works pretty well, but it is expensive. I thought things sold on TV are suppose to be cheaper. That seems to be changing now.

12. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    The health master by Montel works great. I did own a ninja, the lower grade one and it died after a few years. I use my blender everyday so I need a high power blender for sure, and so far the Health Master has held up. Everything from smoothies, to chopped nuts, even chickpeas dry blends right into flour with no problem. It was worth the money to me, but we have to wait until a year or so from now to see how it works long-term.

13. Brink916

Brink916New Member

Threads:
    Don't even consider another brand of blender, get a Ninja. I have owned a Ninja blender for the past 4 years and I absolutely LOVE it. For the price I paid at the time (about $35) it is worth every penny and more. I am pretty big into fitness so I primarily use it for protein shakes, but that only accounts for about 50% of its use. The great thing I love so much about it is that it's not just a blender but a food processes as well. The model I have comes with 2 large blender attachments, 1 medium blender attachment, and 2 small food processor attachments. There is a different blade for each of these categories.

I've probably made about 100 different types of sauces (garlic, curry, pesto, alfredo, etc.) Ive never made my own whipping cream but have made mayonnaise from scratch. One of my favorite things to do is grind my own beef, chicken, or pork along with garlic and herbs so its pre-flavored and ready to cook. All of the blades still seem as sharp as when first purchased so until the motor dies on me I'll be continuing to use it daily. Get the Ninja, you won't regret it.

14. Jazzykay18

Jazzykay18New Member

Threads:
    I have a blender I purchased online a few months back. I wasn't looking for good quality. I only needed a blender to make smoothies, in order to start a weight loss journey. The ninja is used primarily to show that it is number one in the blender industry. But, in my opinion it does just as well as any other blender. I purchased my current blender for only twenty bucks. It works very well and I don't receive any chunks. I believe the ninja is just another over priced product that does exactly the same as others. Its a waste of money, and once you do decide to purchase one they will make a new and improved ninja that does the exact same thing.

15. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    If you want to make fancy pants gourmet dishes, go ahead and spend a few dollars on your blender.
    If you just want to drink vegetables, just buy a $50 dollar blender and be done with it.
    It will probably break after 6 months or something, but who cares?

Works for me :cool:
    Wish I know how to cook fancy pants gourmet dishes tough :(

16. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    My sister just bought a small Ninja blender and she's in love with it! Although I've never used it yet.

I bought my mom a Magic Bullet blender for Christmas a few years back and she absolutely loved it, she was making smoothies, pancakes, soups... you name it on a constant basis. After about a year and a half it did break, which made her pretty sad but for $50 that's really not too bad considering she was using it so many times a day.

17. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a regular run-of-the-mill blender, don't know the name of it off-hand, but it works fine for me. I wouldn't mind getting a Ninja, I tend to believe most things that come on the TV commercials do in-fact work, especially if they have been on TV as commercials for years and years.

18. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I have a Ninja and here's my thoughts on it with the things we use it for.

Making baby food or essentially very fine blending is really good with this blender. We made all sorts of food for our baby and we were able to clean everything in the dishwasher no problem. This was a super important area for us because we wanted to make clean food for our kid and this really helped us out.

Shakes/Smoothies. This blender does "Well" at it. I feel like its not the greatest, depending on how much ice you need to use, its not bad, but the Ninja we have has one setting and that's blend the hell out of something so it does good but you'll find there are others that do better. its not a deal breaker.

Dicing. I think its awful at dicing but it can be done. I like to toss onions in and dice those and its essentially a slower blending speed which the Ninja we have has one speed as said above. Its okay, but its ultimately unreliable in this area.

Margarita making. Good luck!

Its good but not great, put some money into your blending for long term happiness.

19. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I find which ever blender I have had, the glass always seems to break after a year. I am not sure about the Ninja blender but most others have done the exact same thing and all I am doing is making smoothies!