Nintendo Wii - Did You Get Bored After A While?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Colebra • Feb 22, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    So, here's what's happening: I got a sweet deal for a Nintendo Wii. 80$ :)
    Everything works fine, looks awesome.
    But does the gimmick of the sensor wear out after a while?
    And what kind of games translate better to the Wii remotes?
    I'm afraid I'll buy the stupid thing, and then it just sucks...
    I was looking at boxing games, and they look horrible. o_O

Thanks for the info in advance ;)

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I got mine for free actually, a friend gave it to me 3 years after he purchased it for the same reason you're probably thinking. It's probably just me because I don't game that much anymore but I find the Wii to be a bit boring after a while, not because the console isn't good but because, well the games are just not there.

Yes you get a few really good games, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bro's etc. but that's that. Wii Sports would probably your best bet but based on my experience with the Wii, well as a grown up well on his late 20's it will wear off pretty quick.

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I think the Wii will last the test of time, as there is a wide mix of games. The Wii sports game will always be a hit with friends and family, and there are some more hardcore games for wet the appetite of the more serious gamer. I actually think the early edition Wii is the ultimate system because of the backwards compatibility with gamecube games.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    The only reason I am actually considering buying it is to entertain guests.
    I doubt I'll be doing any gaming by myself at all, even if it's the greatest console ever built... ;)
    Still... There's other cool things I could do with 80$.
    I must say it's not looking good for the Wii...

Smash Bros. looks preety cool actually! The others are single player only, right?
    Wii Sports looks horrible... :p

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    For $80 it's a snatch man but yeah, you'd probably find it amusing for a while but it wears off pretty fast not unless you're really into that kind of thing when it comes to gaming. For the Wii U, Smash Bro's is probably one of the good reasons to own one. Yeah Wii Sports is just meh but it's amusing to play around with when you've got guests.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Just bought the damn thing... ;)
    I'll probably get bored with it. But like I said, I will be doing 0 gaming alone.
    Also bought a few games, that I didn't even try yet...
    I have Mario Kart, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and I think that's it...
    Let's see how people react to it...:D

Also, I'm pretty sure the remote batteries will be an issue... :mad:

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Party games like Mario Party and Smash Bros, in addition to Mario Kart would be great for entertaining guests, particularly younger people.

8. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I always saw it as a great novelty product that you could play in groups or when you're having a party. But that was it really. It was never a real substitute for exercise. If I really wanted to play tennis I would go and play it properly.

9. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    The only game I play on the Wii anymore is Super Smash Brothers. Other than that, the other games did become boring. These include Wii Sports and Wii Fitness.

10. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    We'll always get bored of our tech at some point. But yeah, I lost some interest in my Wii after awhile. But you only get bored depending on what software you have to go with it. And even though the Wii didn't have many great games, the great games it did have were REALLY great. And I go back every once in awhile to play them. Like the "No More Heroes" series.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I got bored quickly with the movement based games but there are other games for the system that have more traditional controls and those are still very fun. I still enjoy many of the Nintendo classics and getting to play them on a widescreen is great. The only thing I really don't like about it is that the controllers aren't too ergonomic but otherwise it's still very fun.

12. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from Super Smash everything else is just 'meh' for me at least but man for $80 you should give it a go. If you have friends it's a great system to play around with specially when you have the games but if you're going it solo you'll probably get bored with it pretty easily.