Nivea Products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gracer • Jan 11, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Nivea products for years now, including facial scrub, facial and body moisturizer, deodorant and lotions. I like the gentle feel Nivea products give to my skin and they're not as harsh as other brands I've used before. The classic moisturizer may look shiny and oily but I only put it during night time so it's not that much of a problem for me. In the morning, I wake up with soft moisturized skin.

I also like how they have various versions of their deodorants, the extra whitening and firm version is what I utilize most.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always failed to understand why Nivea products have always been so popular. Some of their creams have a really really strong smell, that can last for hours. it is not a pleasant smell either, which is baffling. I remember my mother purchased me Nivea face cream for Christmas, and I wore it, and when my eyes began to water, my eyes began to burn after I had applied it. I stopped using it.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using many of their mens products for years now as well. I actually like many of the scents in their products, and don't find them to be strong at all. Especially when you compare them to stuff like Old Spice brand body washes, which have a ton of fragrance in them, or Axe products as well.

They can be a bit pricey though depending on where you buy them though - so I never get them at places like CVS or Rite Aid, because they charge an arm and a leg for them there. The one place I've generally gotten the best price on them at has historically been Target. For many years, they were selling many of the Nivea body washes for men for only $3 a bottle, whereas they sold for close to $7 a bottle elsewhere.

I do also like their mens facial cleaning products and shaving lotions as well. The only bad experience I had with one of their facial items was their CoQ10 cream, which would leave my skin greasy and cause it to feel a bit raw and irritated.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like the hand cream that comes in the little blue pot. It's very creamy and really moisturises my hands to my satisfaction! But some of the products you mention, I've never seen! I've also heard of their zinc sunscreen (spf 55) that everyone raves about, but I've yet to find anywhere. You guys are clearly spoilt for choice over there.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been a Nivea fan, but the products are cheap and they work. The good thing is that they are a worldwide brand so if you are stuck in a foreign country and need something, at least you know it's reputable. I buy them only in an emergency and usually at the pound shop.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I too use the cream that comes in the little blue metal pot and I love it. It is very thick and creamy and so a little goes a long way. It makes my hands feel great during the winter months when it is all cold and dry outside. I always keep a purse size pot of the hand cream with me in my purse.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I've never been particularly keen on Nivea products - mainly because they're generally way too heavy for my skin - I do love their Q10 hand cream - as not only is it quickly absorbed into the skin without leaving that horrible sticky residue that many others do and gives amazingly good results too - but its real value for money - especially as a little goes a very long way.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, commercial products wreak havoc in my skin, and Nivea is one of them. I've tried almost every commercial product here, Olay, Pond's, J&J, all resulted in giving me rashes and pimples. I have tried the famous and original Nivea creme in the blue tin. It made my skin soft but alas, the next day, I had pimples in my face and they're the painful ones too. Ever since then, I stayed away from Nivea products. I do know some people are happy with Nivea products and even swear by it.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also use the Nivea cream in the blue can. It works wonders in making my skin feel softer. I actually apply it on my face after cleansing it but only during the evening because it leaves an oily look on my face. In the morning I use their facial moisturizer, which is contained in a tube. :)

10. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I have combination skin, quite oily and red. I use the Nivea scrub everyday. Does not leave my face dry, but removes excess oily stuff from the pores. I just love it!

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only ever seen blue and white products when it comes to Nivea lol. I think that the company's color theme is blue and white, so when you say it came in a blue can, I don't know which one you are referring to. I can agree that Nivea definitely makes your skin feel softer, but not too soft. But it just has such a bad smell. If I was to go to sleep with someone and I smelled Nivea product on their skin, I would tell them to put their clothes back on :p

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live Nivea is a pretty strong beauty brand. We have several products from them, which was not the case in California when I lived there. Nivea was barely known.
    I like Nivea. I do think there are better brands out there, but they make great sunscreens and lip balms.

13. jackiewbu

jackiewbuNew Member

Threads:
    I love Nivea! I use many of their products such as their chapsticks or in-shower body lotion. I assume other products work just as well but I've always gravitated towards Nivea products. They are especially sensitive for those who have sensitive skin, such as I.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's mainly geared towards people with sensitive skin. I gravitate towards it because it also caters for people with dry skin, and many of their products tend to be rich and thick. I like to use their body lotion and hand creams. It's just a shame that their products differ vastly from country to country, because there are some things I'd love to try that aren't available here :(

15. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Nivea hast the best products when talking about creams and beauty products, definitely one of the best brands in the market, I highly recommend this to anyone who might be interested on giving their skin some beautifulness.

16. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I love Nivea products personally. If I get a rash from another allergy their products soothe the rash and leave my skin feeling a million times better than before. I lie the scent of their products as well. I don't find they last too long either. I particularly like their cream with the added macademia nut oil. That seems to be the best one for me.

17. CaptainOblivious

CaptainObliviousMember

Threads:
    What I really like about Nivea products is that they usually tend to have a very soothing fragrance, nothing over the top like done other brands. This let's me maintain pessimal hygiene without coming off as over whelming.