No Coffee Again

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • Apr 10, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, you just have to get creative. I've been known to set up the filter basket with a filter and coffee, place it over a mug, and pour boiling water through, slowly. It's not quite as good, but it will work in a pinch, lol. No coffee indeed. Not in my house!

I really want to get one of those old-fashioned, stove top, percolators. That would be handy to have around for emergencies (plus I just think they're cool). Nice to have an extra coffee pot on hand for holidays or parties too. I think someone here was saying that they still use one as their main coffee maker.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not having a coffee maker is a real disaster. We have a coffee maker at work and we make coffee all day long. I think if it broke it would be a mess. I don't use my coffee maker at home as much, because I like to make coffee for more people than just myself so I wouldn't be as Big of a problem as my work coffee maker breaking!

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Mr. Coffee products always come with a guarantee, and let me tell you that I have a 4-cup Mr. Coffee coffee maker for two years now and has never caused any trouble despite it's really cheap price, about $12 at Walmart, if my memory serves me good.

Probably that of @kana_marie@kana_marie was a defective item that is backed by a guarantee even if it was not included. Long years ago happened something similar with a Hamilton Beach coffee maker and the factory kindly replaced it for a brand new model when it failed, even I had not the guarantee.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Pretty ridiculous that it broke on you already. But I guess thats the price we sometimes pay when we go for budget friendly products instead of quality. Regardless, the product shouldn't have quit working so soon. I would definitely call the company directlt. If they have any integrity they will replace it.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My parents and I have had nothing but bad experiences with Mr. Coffee coffee makers for the past 10+ years. What's even weirder is they work worse than some of the cheaper more generic model coffee makers. I had a cheap-o one when I first moved out, that I got from Dollar General, which worked, but it was small and the plastic got stained easily. So I decided to "upgrade" and get a Mr. Coffee model, which included charcoal filters to purify the water before brewing it. They were obviously trying to copy Cuisinart who was doing the same thing, only theirs was a little less expensive. The coffee from it was awful, even without using the charcoal filter at all. To make things worse the filter itself had to go right over the coffee basket which would cause it to get backed up and overflow on to my counter. The coffee had a horrible burnt taste to it, no matter how weak or strong I made it, and no matter what settings I used.

I even had to return a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker because it was so poorly designed, the tea wouldn't drip into the pot, but instead would run down the side of the unit all over my counter. The spout from the brewer wasn't shaped properly so the surface tension of the tea as it came out caused it to stick to the brewer and run down the side of it instead of flowing into the pitcher.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's pretty terrible, @ohiotom76@ohiotom76. I was going to say that I have had better luck with the cheap coffee makers. Plus, if something does go wrong, I don't feel too bad about just replacing it. For $9 at Walmart, I'm good. The last one I bought like that lasted for 3 years. I just recently replaced it.

My kids bought me a fancy coffee maker and cappuccino machine, but for every day coffee, I just use the cheap model.