Non Delivery Of Goods - How Long Will You Go Past Specified Date Before Enquiring?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by littlewitch66 • Jan 11, 2018.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I recently ordered some fleece for my guinea pig cage from eBay. The date for delivery was given as 8-9th January but here we are the 11th and still no sign of them. If we get to the end of today and I don't have them I am going to contact the seller.

How long will you go over the delivery date specified before enquiring?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd check like you a day or two...then I'd inquire politely for I'd like my order to arrive safely and it could be the postal service's slowness. Then I'd use the magic phrase ...looking forward to working together with you to solve this situation. Being patient and kind always helps get your order. Tkhen I"d be patient to get the order. It always works wonders and gets me my order. Good luck!

3. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Well I have written a polite note to the seller who says she is away and cannot do anything at the moment. The goods have still not arrived and I have looked at the shipping information which is stuck on 'delivery info'. There are two other sections 'in transit' and 'delivered' which are not highlighted. I have a feeling the goods may be lost and it's time to ask for a replacement or refund.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :(That's not good, I'd ask for a refund now, because the seller is trying not to address the problem at all, that's a definite red flag of a seller not being too reputable. Thus, I'd ask for a refund because the product hadn't arrived as specified, then wait to see what the seller will do, next. Is there a dept. you can go to about the seller? I hope so, and if the seller doesn't want to solve the problem with you, go to the dept. for help with the seller. Somewhere there is a tracking number. The tracking number is to tell you where the package is. You know what...I ordered some candies for Mother's Day. The product didn't arrive either. I got in touch with the seller. They traced the tracking number. It was picked up by the Postal People and they had it. It did not arrive. The seller said they can give me a refund, I wanted the product, it was my Mother's Day present, her last one. They sent it again, again it did not arrive. I finally gave up and asked for a refund. I felt so sad for it was my Mother's last Mother's Day present, she passed. I got her something else, but she loved the candy I was getting her. See how the seller is if they are good sellers. I hope for your sake that there is a dept. to go to for help with the seller. There is the BBB.org to go to for help too. I hope things work out for you. Another time, a watchband was sent to me in a small package, it kind of got lost in the mail. I asked the seller about it it was already a week late. They apologized, gave me a prompt refund. The package came after another week passed...all crinkly, but the watchband was usable. I got in touch with the seller, they said it was on them, I can have it. See how good sellers are...take heart you are not the only one who sometimes has hiccups when buying online.

5. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Well I've sent another message saying that the goods still have not arrived and if they are not here by tomorrow I would like a refund. So far she has not replied but looking at her feedback on ebay most of it is positive but she does have some negative. The carrier is Royal Mail which is known to be slow at times and my sister says she has just received a parcel 5 days later than the delivery time given so I suppose there is still hope. The actual tracking number just tells me it was posted on 4th January and is being processed through their system which isn't much help.

It's disappointing when something you order doesn't arrive and I can understand how you must have felt not getting your last Mother's Day present but I'm sure your mum appreciated whatever you got her. My mum always did no matter how small.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    Thanks, so much...aren't Moms the greatest! After she passed, as I looked at her things...I found all the Mother's Day cards I ever gave her...tears well up in my eyes when I found them She even kept the ugly kindergarten ash tray I made for her. I miss her a lot. She did love her last Mother's Day present as she did the first. Thanks so much!

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would wait at least two days before giving a response. Really if you already spent money on the product and the gave you a precise delivery date then I see little to know problem with contacting the seller or the site on the issue. There is always the chance it has gotten lost in the mail or sent to the wrong address. Happen to me once and I got a refund on the product. So either you get the product or your money back if you contact them, no real lost.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I normally do not have to face this issue but just now I have ordered an item from a new supplier. It is 5 days already and I have not received any tracking information. I have just sent them a reminder. I think 5 days is a long period for anyone to make arrangements to despatch the order.

9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wait a sufficient time to follow up nondelivery of items I ordered online. I right away do it when the scheduled delivery date wasn't complied.

I kep on following up until I received the items.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Have you received the fleece for your guinea pig?

I would wait for perhaps one to two days before I check with the seller, as I understand sometimes it might be the delivery company that causes the delay. It also depends what delivery company the seller is using, as I know some courier service can send us the product on the day itself, then I won't wait for longer. They might also charge higher if they are using those premium courier service.

11. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I would wait a few days, ideally 3-4 days before I started making inquiries about the goods. Sometimes, there are delays in the postal service, transport problems etc. and we may have to wait a few days until we get them.

12. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 I did get them in the end but they arrived 7 days later than the delivery date promised. Royal Mail is the UK's main postal service and they are notorious for being slow but they arrived in good condition and were well worth the money I paid for them. So it all worked out in the end :)