Non-essentials You Like To Carry Around Anyway

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Feb 13, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Everyone carries around a lot of extra things with them, especially important health and beauty essentials like hand Sanitizers, makeup, or even hair gel for the boys. However, I've often found non essential carries to be very fun and still sometimes useful.

A good example of this would be the small blue papers used to clean oily face a lot better. It's not a problem for me now so I don't carry them around anymore, but it still think they are pretty fun. Another good one is the Evian spray bottle which is an aerosol spray bottle that sprays water mist in your face whenever you need a refreshing mist. It's really frivolous but I think both are fun non essential items.

Do you guys have any extras that are objectively not that important but you still like to carry around with you anyway?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean lol! I always ensure I have at least one pack of tissues, some anti-bacterial wet wipes, a tiny travel size anti-bacterial spritzer, some chewing gum, some face powder in my bag. Most people would probably say these are non-essentials because you can find them anywhere on your travels. But I like to come prepared! I don't like being caught short at all. I always have pens and post it notes in my bag too. It's all subjective, really.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Hm, I always keep my stainless steel Sharpie, tissues, pens and a tiny notebook, my little "Tool Logic" kit (it's the size of credit card, and has a red light, a whistle, small knife, tweezers, and a sharpening stone on one edge), hair ties, a tin that holds my earbuds and hand sanitizer in my purse. Not really "essentials" but good to half on me.

4. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Omg I am a huge offender of carrying around a bunch of things I don't need. Right now as I type this I have a big wooden boomerang in my oversized coach bag. I'm not sure where it came from or why, but it's in there. I also have a pull up diaper in there even though my daughter has been potty trained since December. o_O

5. galmal

galmalMember

Threads:
    I actually like to carry around a sketch pad and Micron pens and a pencil. I enjoy zentangles, a type of doodling, and I like to have these things so that if I get stuck somewhere, like at the doctors office, I can pull out my pad and start doodling. I even have a couple of apps on my iPhone that have step-by-step directions on how to draw some really interesting patterns. It helps keep me sane!

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    A pen and small notebook. I think it's just a force of habit as I don't get to use them most of the time (unlike before). Today, I usually just take a picture of things (posters/ads) or take note of it using my phone when I want to remember something important. But still I kept on bringing these things along with me in my bag. :)

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I always carry with me hand sanitizer, a pen, a pocket size notebook, a cutter, a nail cutter and a penlight. Some may consider it non-essentials, but for me they are important. I find them very useful at times. That is why I cannot go out without carrying a bag.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I carry around what I may need and what will fit and isn't too heavy. I don't consider them non-essentials as you never know when someone else may need it. I always have a penlight, pens, notebook, water, sticky notes, tissues, wet wipes, plasters and sunglasses with me. I like to be prepared and am not comfortable being out without things I may need.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always just carry a face powder with me when I go out. But most of the time, I don't even bring it if I'm only gonna be gone for a short while. It's nice to walk around with just a light shoulder bag with you.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have my hairpins and religious articles in my bag all the time. Call me an idolater or whatever, but having these faith-based items with me make me feel safe and secure. As for the hairpins, I need them in case I forget to bring my clips or hairbands to work. I might add my Vitress hair polish to this list. I don't need to bring it but I just do in case something horrendous happens to my curly mane.