Not pleased with Kroger right now !

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Happyflowerlady • Jun 30, 2014.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kroger is the closest store to my house, and they usually have great specials, and I like to shop there.
    Last week, the Kroger ad I received on my email featured fresh RIPE Georgia peaches, and showed a happy little girl eating one.
    When I went to Kroger, my store had hard, green (literally green) peaches from South America, not even close to "ripe Georgia peaches" at all ! So, I wrote on their Facebook page, and said what our store had instead of the advertised peaches. They wrote back and said they would contact the manager and fix the problem.
    So, yesterday, I go back to Kroger again. The same green peaches and nectarines from South America are still out in the display, but the manager has had them all put into nice "Georgia Peach" boxes, so they LOOK like they are local, and then they took the "from Chile" off of the sign, so now it just says "peaches" and no explanation of where they are from.

I don't know if it is just the manager of my store, or if it is the Kroger policy to be so shoddy, but I don't like the deceptive practices.

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    All I can imagine while reading this post is the llama (alpaca?) in your avatar checking his email, seeing ripe Georgia peaches, and trotting over to Kroger to get some, only to be disappointed. :)

But yes, that's pretty crappy. I'm sure many stores do similar things.

On a related note, I hate buying peaches. Even after all these years of buying them myself as an adult, I still have trouble figuring out when they are ripe. I love peaches, but hate buying them.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry you had to deal with that, what a trip! It's a good thing that you brought it to their attention so they know at least one customer is paying attention. They need to know that if they keep that up customers can always shop someplace else. I personally like Aldi's and Walmart super center.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I have had those same experiences with produce from Kroger for years. I can hardly believe how much one yellow or red pepper costs. One lemon cost $0.68 and I was amazed.
    Then I started visiting farmers markets for produce.
    I did something that I'd never thought I would do. I began shopping at Walmart superstores, or the Kmart superstores. Next, I am thinking of joining Costco.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I normally like my local Kroger however, recently I had a bad customer service experience: I walked into the produce section where the deli counter sits and tried to purchase a coffee out of a vending machine. When only hot water came out I asked the woman behind the counter (where the machine sat) about it. Before I could even get a word out of my mouth she said, 'is the machine broke again? I have nothing to do with that! a man comes in and is supposed to refill it.' So I responded by saying, 'It might be a good idea to put a sign on so that it doesn't take peoples change and not give them coffee.' Then I let it go, but part of me thinks I should have asked customer service for my money back and then they would care for the problem. Regardless, I thought the staff should have been a little more helpful. But that is just a local experience and probably shouldn't reflect on the store in general.