Not Really Needed

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kitkat0124 • Jun 27, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    You know sometimes I do the same thing. What I do when I go into the store now, I just try to think about what I'm going to wear it with. Then think about do I really need it? I know that a lot of the time I buy things that I don't need. Or something that I'm not really going to wear. I like it at the store then not when I get home. Sometimes I also go with someone so that they can also do the same thing so that I don't buy something that I don't want or won't uuse.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, she said that the cardigan has the tags, so she can return or exchange it too and bank the money in a high interest savings account like Ally.

3. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Instead of impulse buying walk away and think about it. Ask yourself if you really need it or if you are ever going to wear it? Chances are that once you give yourself time to think about the purchase, you will end up not buying it at all. Never make a spur of the moment purchase ever. Always think about it first.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes buy things that, with hindsight, I realise that I didn't particularly need at all. I don't think we would be human without having this kind of experience every once in a while, however I am getting a lot better at it than I would have been in the past, so I am definitely pleased with myself about that. I now think about exactly when I'm going to use items, and if I know that I can't, I just don't bother to buy it.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think there might be a very simple solution when it comes to impulsive buying - only take a small amount of cash with you when you go out, and leave your credit cards at home.
    I am one of those people who can't stand shopping, so there is never a problem with me spending money on things that I don't need. I only ever go to a shop if I need something from it. You won't find me window shopping or hanging out in malls.

6. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good tip. I might have to do that the next time that I go out. I normally bring all my money with me and then spend and spend because I have the money. So, next time that I know I'm going out I'll just bring less money with me. That way I won't be tempted to buy all those clothes that I think I need.