Nutribullet

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by ReishiSpore • May 6, 2013.

1. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I have just got the Nutribullet after seeing the TV advert, and also watching David Wolfe use it for various elixirs. I think it is awesome and it really does live up to the hype as far as I can tell so far. I have tried various concoctions of fruit and veg, and also some nuts and seeds such as flax seeds and chia seeds. Everything blends up really smooth and I have had no problems with it. So far I LOVE the Nutribullet. Has anyone else used this blender/nutrient extractor, and what do you think of it? 13969043_120704065053.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for coming here to tell us about the Nutri Bullet. I have seen this item advertised on television and wondered how good it actually was. I did buy a similar product years ago, but to be honest I wasn't impressed by it. This thing really didn't work that well, and so we don't use it hardly at all. I have wondered about the Nutri Bullet and if maybe it actually did work better as claimed in its commercial. Thanks to your endorsement I now have to believe that it does work better then the earlier models.

3. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    The main issue that people mention is leaking, but I believe it is just because they over fill the jug. There is a max. fill line on there so as long as you don't go over that it's fine! I was going to buy the JML version, I believe it's called the Magic Bullet, but it's just not as powerful or competent.

4. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I bought a juicer years ago at target and it didn't last me 2 months. This happens to look really easy to use. Is this the same one that I seen advertise to make baby food? If not they look very alike.

5. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I had the magic bullet before. I asked for it when I was in high school and when it first came out and it still works great for me. Recently though, I had gotten a Jack La Lane juicer and that thing is amazing. So much better than any type of blender. Some As Seen On TV things are just silly, but the Magic Bullet, and the Nutri Bullet are two things that I would recommend. I'm guessing the Nutri bullet isn't much different other than the fact that they are trying to sell it to people who are looking to live and eat healthier?

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I got a Ninja and I love it. I seen the Magic Bullet and wanted to get it, however, when my stepmother got the Ninja and she told me it worked so well, I went and got that instead of the Magic Bullet. It is nice to know that it does work. I love my Ninja and wouldn't trade it for the world!

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't this made by the same company that makes the Magic Bullet and the (unfortunately named) Baby Bullet? I recently saw the Baby Bullets on clearance at several stores. I've never really understood the usefulness of these things vs. my existing blender. I guess the only time they would come in handy for me is when I was trying to blend a small amount of something that would normally get stuck in a full size blender. Not sure if I would go through the trouble of investing in another gadget just for that though.

I had the Jack LaLane juicer, but almost never used it. The device is huge and a pain in the butt to clean up just to make a glass of juice. The parts took up half my dishwasher, and you had to wash them all right away because the plastic parts would stain easily.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have the Nutri bullet but I do have the Magic bullet which really looks quite similar. I think with products like these they encourage you to embrace a healthier lifestyle by making things easier for you. I actually have a heavy duty blender that can do the same thing but its sooo bulky and hard to clean I don't use it at all. The Magic bullet is so easy to clean and making healthy drinks is so convenient you end up making one instead of just thinking about it. I think people especially those that want to lose weight should have one of these on their kitchen counter.

9. mitchelltune

mitchelltuneNew Member

Threads:
    It really looks the same with Magic Bullet. Anyone has comparison/review both of these?

10. glitter9

glitter9New Member

Threads:
    This is a excellent product. I am an avid juicer, and smoothie maker. I wanted something that would be less time consuming.
    A friend of mine had one first, and I tried it, loved it,then I got one. I have made not just juice, and smoothies, but also ice cream, sauces, soup, and a variety of things. I still use my other products for bigger jobs. When I want something quick, and to the point I use the nutribullet.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We recently purchased a Bullet for juicing. I does make good smoothies but it leaks a little, I may have filled it up too much. I find the blades don't always go on straight and a real pain to get lose to screw on. It seems you have to push down real hard to get it to start it blending. I like that is smaller than the blender.

12. fairydust007

fairydust007New Member

Threads:
    I have heard really good things about this. I was also moved by seeing David Wolfe use it. I am a foodie at heart. I have a cheapo version that I am always having to take apart and fix. How much is this one? Does it come with a warranty or and kind?

13. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I bought one for my mom for Christmas last year and she loves it. She uses it everyday to make her various vege-drinks and smoothies. I like it also because the cup is just the right size for one person. When I'm in the mood I can just toss random fruits in there and make a single serving smoothie without having to worry about leftovers.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have both a Magic Bullet and a Ninja and I prefer the Ninja. Looking at the picture of the Nutri Bullet, it looks extremely similar to the Magic Bullet, just a different color.

15. suncoast15

suncoast15New Member

Threads:
    I'm considering getting a Nutribullet, but I have a few questions for those who have one.

1. Has anyone had issues with the taste of their drinks with Nutribullet? Does something like Truvia help the taste? What kinds of things did you use to make your smoothies taste better?

2. Did you get any type of warranty (third party, etc)?

3. Have you noticed any type of food is particularly hard for the NB to handle?

Thanks in advance...

16. CliffLife

CliffLifeNew Member

Threads:
    I've owned a Nutribullet for over a year now and have not experienced any problems with it as of yet. It's really great. I use it more than my juicer because I get more nutrients from the produce I use with it. Overall, I think the NutriBullet is one of the best As Seen On TV items I've ever purchased. Most of the others ones I've bought in the past has fallen apart or doesn't work properly. Not this one.

17. MonteK

MonteKNew Member

Threads:
    They are both the same product. Packaging is the exact same etc.

18. freebie-franco

freebie-francoNew Member

Threads:
    This Nutribullet seems legit! I've heard mixed opinions about it, but everyone seems to speak of it pretty highly of it here. Im excited to get one!

19. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Hey, thanks for this thread! I actually just started using my Nutri bullet for about a week. I really love it! It comes with a hard cover book, a soft cover book, and a cardboard quick guide. I was using the recipes in the guide, but then I decided to just use my own. I have found that it is not for making "juice", however it does make the perfect smoothie. I like the fact that the portion cups double as serving glasses. Also it makes smoothies much faster than the vitamix or a blender, and it's easier to clean. It's easier to use too, you just press down for a few seconds and you have a smoothie. My review is, get a nutribullet if you are into smoothies / green smoothies / sorbets and you are serving for one or two people. If you want to make more varieties and serving for more people, get a vitamix or blender. I use my nutribullet every morning. I hope it lasts a long time.

20. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Also, if anyone has recipe recommendations, please post them here. I'm going for taste, I can always add some more kale if I want to get healthy . Thanks, lol