Nutritious Or Tasty Food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by remnant • Jul 6, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I prefer tasty to nutritious food. As I write
    this post, I an go a restaurant and usually take buns and tea for
    lunch, being a caffeine addict. I recognise the fact that tasty food
    is behind a host of health problems like obesity and heart disease
    especially those who consume tasty trans fats. Eating nutritious food
    should be a deliberate strategy.

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I depends how hungry I am. If I am out and really need to eat I will want something tasty like a burger and chips. Mmm .. so satisfying if you are really hungry. If I am at home and preparing food I will try to make sure it is nutritious as well as tasty.

I think a mixture of the two is ok and having something tasty now and then, even if it is junk food, does no harm as long as we don't do it all the time.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am a junk food fanatic and I love eating chips and fast food but all has to be done in moderation. Once or twice every two weeks I go out for a good meal at a fast foos restaurant and occasionally buy myself some chips. I do try to make healthy dishes at home and eat a good amount of fruits and vegetables aswell.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Nutritious food can be really tasty. If you prepare and cook it in a tasty way. Vegetables and fruit don't have to be boring. For example, how about a nice tall sundae glass. Throw in some blueberries and strawberries in layers with natural greek yoghurt. Top it off with some nuts and a drizzle of honey. Very nutritious and yet it doesn't taste nutritious!

Animals are the same. I have noticed something with my two dogs. Normally I give them treats every day. They always get apples and carrots every day as well as a chewy and a couple of plain biscuits. They always go for the biscuits first and the chewy. The healthy apple and carrots are always left until last. They'll eat the apples and carrots when they realise no more treats are coming.

So just like us humans, they also prefer junk food over healthy nutritious food.

#4Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  5. annetam

annetamNew Member

Threads:
    Junk food sometimes seems more tasty because of different flavorings and flavor enhancers. I think, it is necessary to eat nitritious products more often in order to form a healthy habit. I try to do it, but it is difficult for me. Then I am in bad spirit I can`t stop myself to eat something tasty but junky.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    It is clear that healthy foods are always the best option, although not all are as healthy and as cheap as we would like. :oops: But I must admit that I can't resist to a junk food sometimes. :p

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I doubt if food can be tasty and not be nutritious at same time. My understanding it's the loaded nutrients in the food that's making it have that good taste. I doubt if I'll get enough nutrient from food that didn't taste sweet in my mouth. The thing is I like nutritious and tasty foods that contain fibers for proper digestion and good fit​

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Why settle for one when you can have both? There are so many recipes online that can teach you to cook delicious and nutritious meals for a low price. Those YouTube videos are for free. Clean and delicious is one of the YouTube channels that teaches such meals.

9. Merissa

MerissaNew Member

Threads:
    Personally some nutritious foods are tasty for me, Apples, Bananas, Pineapples,Sweet potatoes, Chinese cabbage these are some of the foods I enjoy eating. I also try to make recipes with them and that just makes them even more fun to eat. I do eat some junk food from time to time, but I try to stick to nutritious food because it benefits my body and I know I won't be spending much time at the doctor if I eat a healthy diet. I think that people should have a balance between junk foods and nutritious foods in their system, as it can make living a lot much easier and if they don't like nutritious foods, then try to make it fun by including it in what they eat or making recipes out of them.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you say nutritious food, my impression is food which does not taste so good. Take for example the oat meal which is admittedly nutritious but not really delicious. We try to balance our meals and eating in moderation is our policy. So when it comes to volume, it is understood that we don’t eat to excesses. And for the quality, it is a mix of nutritious and tasty food. It’s like when we have meat today, more likely we will have vegetables for tomorrow.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know I have to admit to you I too like tasty. I try to balance and have both and watch my sugar intake and carb intake too. I try to balance things out. I like fruit with my pancake that I fry up at home. I found that fresh fruit can be so expensive, so I started to go to the canned fruit aisle and found in own syrup no sugar added cheaper, all cleaned and ready to eat happily.

12. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Nutritious food can be tasty too. I prefer to make all my meals at home and I use the freshest of ingredients, vegetables, grains etc. as is possible. I prepare most meals from scratch and my son thinks that I am the best cook in the world. :) If you put some efforts in it, even you can have food which is both nutritious as well as tasty. There are many websites which will help you to make tasty, well-balanced meals with very few ingredients and in a very simple, non-fussy way.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately once cannot recommend that there should be a balance but be creative and see that nutritious food becomes tasty. We cannot for example recommend a balance between fast food which is tasty and food that is nutritious No matter what the balance, fast food will have an adverse effect on one's health.
    Having said that I must confess I am guilty of indulging in food that is not nutritious, sometimes.

14. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 This. I like food in general, and I can eat whenever someone asks me if I am hungry. That is why I tell people not to ask me if I would like to eat, since I will never refuse an offer. I usually eat nutritious food at home and outside fast food but not that often really. And I believe that you can actually have a combination of both anyways so, it's a win/win situation.

#14Jul 10, 2017
  15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. Even I prefer taste more than health. It all depend on the person if they can hold on about them or not. Personally whenever I see delicious food I can't control my self more. So in the end I end up eating them even if I am on dieting. Though in the past I was quite particular about this thing. But now it is quite hard for me to control.

16. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I think a lot of us usually go for the tasty food instead of the healthier options. To be fair, in many places healthy food will cost you more. So the average family will choose the most economic option. Healthy food can be tasty too, it's just a matter of wanting to try something different.

17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I really have no problem eating nutritious and tasty food, since I also like eating vegetables and fruits.I do like tasty food, especially fast food and oily food, but since eating out can be quite expensive, I seldom buy them. So in the end, me not being able to buy those unhealthy foods often is good for my health.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania What about such food at home? Don't you prepare them at home. Yes eating outside regularly can be quite expensive, so to cut the cost we always try to make few good items at home. So that way we can cut down the cost and enjoy the food too. So don't you try out such thing at home? In my case even I enjoy tasty food. So we often have them at home.

#18Jul 12, 2017
  19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am surprised to read that and thinking in terms of making the healthy/nutritious food tasty too. I am sure we all know that some healthy foods may not taste to some of us because they do not have as much oil/butter and spices that come good to our taste buds but as I said in the beginning in my post that we certainly can make the nutritious food tastier with little bit of imagination and that too without compromising with their nutrition value.

20. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant I personally prepare tasty-nutritious food..
    But in case I'm not out from home, I order nutritious food. The only part I'm caught-out taking tasty foods are night-outs and other social ceremonies like weddings.. I'm in a journey of uncompromising my health. Hope I'll make it through, :(

#20Jul 12, 2017