Nutritious Or Tasty Food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by remnant • Jul 6, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, I don't cook so we just buy food nearby. Well they are oily, but not as oily as the ones that you buy in fastfood chains.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Imagination!! What kind of imagination?

Personally I can eat any food even if they are not that tasty. I am kind of person who is okay with any food item. So that's why here people don't even ask me what to prepare or what to order if we are out. Because everyone knows that I can manage.

But I want to know about his imagination thing for sure.

#22Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 when I said imagination I had making healthy food tastier in my mind. Like they say some foods are healthy but children do not like to eat them as they are. So use some of your imagination as to what would make them tasty. Besides all healthy food are not necessarily tasteless so chose according to your own taste buds. Mixing a few extra items in your meals can change their taste altogether.

4. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I try to balance this two out. I never eat junk for breakfast, absolutely not. Breakfast has to always be a healthy nutritious choice. I can be flexible for lunch or dinner (order pizzas or some other take-aways). But like someone pointed out, nutritious can be garnished without taking away too much value. It might seem impossible at first or challenging because you have to be creative and research to see what works and what doesn't.

Also, if you have a growing family, it goes without saying that your food choices have to be more nutritious than junk.

5. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    There are many foods that are both tasty and nutritious. Examples are bacon, butter, cheeses, eggs, neither of which make you fat. It all depends on how you cook and how much you eat them.

Healthy foods contain, in almost equal parts, carbohydrates, protein and fat. So, while spinach, broccoli, wholewheat bread, etc. might taste like cardboard, serving them with bacon, cheese, butter, etc. will improve their taste. Thus, a meal that is both healthy and tasty can be achieved.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it doesn't necessarily mean that I won't be eating a delicious meal if it's nutritional. Since I prepare my own food, I see to it that it's healthy. I eat up fruits and vegetables, mostly raw like raw broccoli and carrots. I know other people do not find such food as tasty as I find them but for me the food I eat are healthy and delicious.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with @Kimika@Kimika. Not because it's nutritious doesn't mean it's not tasty or delicious. We prepare our own food and we always see to it to consume more healthy food than unhealthy ones. Although sometimes it's hard since there are a lot of temptations out there, you just have to make a way on how to go on the right path.

What we do is we look for different recipes online, nutritious yet delicious, budget-friendly ones and I can tell you that there are tons of these types of food that you can cook everyday :)

8. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail True, if you tend to eat out a lot then you would have a hard time looking for nutritious food so it's much better to prepare your own food. I do not want to say that I am a very good cook but I can prepare healthy meals which are a lot more tastier than the ones I eat when we eat out. Of course there are nutritious foods being served in restaurants but I think you won't want to eat there if you're in a tight budget.

#28Jul 21, 2017
  9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    @Kimika@Kimika Correct :) We used to dine out whenever my hubby and I go to the grocery store which costs us a lot that's why we make sure to eat before going out to avoid unnecessary expenses since we're on a tight budget. If you're also up to nutritious food then it's a bit hard to look for a restaurant that serves healthy food so it's better to just make your own at home, not to mention it's cheaper.

#29Jul 21, 2017
  10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    The apple is a pretty tasty food and its high in fiber,vitamin C and numerous antioxidants,also you could eat some strawberries with low fat ice cream. The omelette is a very healthy food and you could add some healthy vegetables and low fat meat as well to it. The one I like is the sardine which has many nutrients as well,and also throw in some cheese because its pretty nutritious.

11. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Life would be so boring without this tempting and tasty junkie foods. But just don't indulge yourself too much or you'll suffer the effects sooner than later. Eating in moderation is the key. As for nutritious foods, well who doesn't want to be healthy. We all do but not everyone can afford since nutritious foods are really a bit expensive compared to junk foods and fast foods.

12. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I too think so. There should be a balance between tasty and nutritious food. I think both are required. After all all nutritious foods do not taste bad. For example fruits which are excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber are tasty too. Same is the case with whole wheat, pulses etc. So we don’t have to compromise much on taste all the time.

But the issue is when we crave for more taste by adding unhealthy ingredients like MSG which is used to make food highly palatable. Most of the restaurants use MSG to make their food tastier. So regular dining out is not good for health.