Obama wins the election, your thoughts?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by TheMightyEddy • Nov 7, 2012.

1. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    So what are your thoughts of Obama winning the election? Please no hate comments.

2. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    My thoughts? I hope this is a wake-up call for the Republican party. They dragged Mitt's campaign down. The same way Sarah Palin killed McCain's campaign. She was too crazy. McCain spent so much time walking back her assinine comments. Romney embraced the nuts in the Republican party. Self-deportation, overturn Roe vs. Wade? Banning abortion. And picking Paul Ryan didn't help either as his VP. No one knew who Paul was, and those who looked him up online found out about his extreme abortion stances. If Christie runs in 2016, he has a shot. But he must not embrace the psychotics in his party.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am relieved. The idea of a Romney presidency made me very anxious.

I do agree with Nick2011 assessment of the Republican Party. If they don't stop pandering to the extreme right, the GOP will become irrelevant.

4. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know what to think of the election. I suppose it really didn't matter to me. In my opinion, Obama and Romney were the same two people running. There really was not a difference at all. They are both part of the Big Corporation that America is running and it is really sad. Eventually, I hope people in America will wake up and realize the truth, but until then we just have to pray for them and hope for the best.

5. crlconnors

crlconnorsNew Member

Threads:
    Super excited!!

It sure was a close race, but i knew Obama was gonna win. I believe with him in office, the country will get better, in the next four years.:eek:

6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    When he got Ohio it was so funny! I'm not sure if you saw it, but every network had called Ohio for Obama. And networks do not call states in a presidential election on a whim. They do much research in the back before calling that state. But on FOX NEWS, Karl Rove was freaking out. And he refused to believe Ohio had been won by Obama. So there was this big back and forth for about 15 minutes. Even the FOX news behind-the-scenes people and Anchor's were like..."Come on Karl, just drop it already". And by the way...can you believe they're STILL counting votes in Florida?

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I am happy that Obama is re-elected. Now he will have a chance to complete the work which he had started in the last four years. Incidentally, China is also having a change of guard. It's good that the US doesn't have to face the new Chinese leader with an untried President.

8. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    I am honestly really just happy that this is over. All my social networks were filled with vote related content. Which got really annoying!!

9. narfcurrit

narfcurritNew Member

Threads:
    I was pretty confident Obama (my choice) would win - isn't it something like only one incumbent American president in the last 100 years has been unseated? - but my friends (Romney supporters) were really believing all the hype on Fox News (the only news they watch), and they were devastated. Just goes to show you to open yourself up to multiple news sources!

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I knew Obama would win, I had no doubts about it. He was and had always been my choice and I never listened to anything that Romney had to say. Romney and his running mate was two crooks that wanted to get into the White House to send this country back to the early 20's and who needs that. I am so happy that everyone could see there hateful ways. No one needs a president that is against all races in this country, even his own.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

How about those polls huh? But GOP powerplayers are angry because they bought the hype too. The polls, the poll bashing. Obama now has won with 332 electoral votes to Romney's 206. A blowout.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It certainly was close, and this is coming from a British person, we were very interested in your election - sadly, more interested than our own.

13. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I voted for Obama. He did a great job in my opinion. I especially liked that he brought the troops home. He scored MAJOR points from me because I have multiple family members in the Army/ Navy/ Air Force.

14. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    My thoughts on this, Thank Heavens. I can't tell you what a nail biter that was for me and my family. Obama may not have done all that everyone waned him to. Let's face it this country is still in dire straights, but he has us moving in the right direction to get out of the hole. I wanted to still be moving in that direction, not have Romney no doubt take us back to the practices that got us in this hole to begin with. It took eight years to get there, it will probably take about eight to get out. With Obama back in we can at least see that light at the end of that dark tunnel, that wouldn't have been the case with Romney. Sorry, had zero faith in him, not after I heard him rank on 47% of the population he was suppose to serve as President when he believe he was having a private conversation. From that point on I knew this country wouldn't have been safe in his hands. Maybe not all of us have faith in Obama but at least with him we know what we have, and he has tried to think of the poor and middle class in his first four years, even if he hasn't had much luck with Congress getting legislation passed.

#14Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  15. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I think that Obama was the right man from the beginning. No hard feelings for Romney but Obama has done something for the country and never let the citizens down

16. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Maybe because your politicians all look and act the same. Has Britain ever had a charismatic politician at all?

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So do I. Those returning are getting the help they need. There's still a lot to be done, but I think they are getting more help than any other returning service men and women.

18. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have to say I think it is about time that some thought was given to the old thing about government by the people and for the people, not by the rich and for the corporate sector and economic elite.
    Romney, what did he stand for? The extreme right and tax cuts for corporations and the rich. The big corporations and for that matter THE DONALD as he sees himself all seem to line up with Mitt. Can it be possible that Karl Rove is now yesterday's man?
    Ryder13

19. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I am glad Obama got re-elected. I think that Mitt Romney was always changing his stories and I found it hard to trust him. Also, I wasn't shock that Obama won the election.

20. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    Personally, I'm glad he won. He literally saved Michigan from going bankrupt. Now, the state is profitable again. The same Michigan which by the way Mitt Romney wanted to declare bankrupt and sell off like the way Greece is being sold off.