Obscure Beer Brands

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 23, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm hoping to seek out some obscure and new beer brands for our coming Christmas family get together since the usual ones we always have every year are getting a bit tiring for me. I'm asking early so that I'll have sufficient time next month to seek out any good recommendations. Also, I'd love to hear of some other alternative types of beer that I might not know of since I'm not that much of a beer nut. I know there are darker ones, ale, etc. but I honestly am not educated enough to know the differences.

Any obscure beer brands or types that you guys would recommend? Perhaps some independently brewed ones?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I think you should order a couple of bottles of bitter called Black Sheep Bitter. They also do Black Sheep Ale and Golden Sheep. It is incredibly difficult to get hold of in shops here in London and even rarer to see on tap in pubs, but the bitter is my favourite tipple ever. :)

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a Thai beer called Singha. I also think the Japanese beers like Sapporo and Kirin Ichiban are pretty good. I don't know of any really weird and obscure microbrews because beer isn't my favorite alcohol.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was introduced to a beer by the name of Angry Seas it was very good. I don;t know much about it.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of craft breweries release sample packages of their seasonal offerings. You could get a pack with 6 different beers in it. For smaller breweries, I like Stone (CA), Bell's (MI), Victory (NY?), Lagunitas (CA). What is available to you depends on what part of the country you are in. If you have a store near you like Total Wine, they sell hundreds of bottles individually so you could just go ask someone or pick some out that look good to try.