Odd Gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Denis Hard • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gift-giving is normally associated with special occasions of sorts. That's why for example when someone is traveling somewhere, the person seeing them off, if they are close will gift the person traveling or being left behind [with a necklace, ring or whatever] "for luck." And that gift is gladly accepted.

So since people need luck as much as anything else, do any of you get your loved ones good luck charms as gifts?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    No, I'm more of the sentimental gift giving type. For example, when on holiday with a person and before I am going to leave them, I will collect small stones from the area where we were together. I wash and dry them, then glue them onto a photo frame. After the glue is dry I use clear nail polish and it makes the stones look wet forever. Then I insert a photo of us on our vacation together as a memory. When I leave, I give it to them as a gift and a thank you for the wonderful memory we made together. I have a friend who makes fun of me for all my home-ade gifts so I'm not sure this is always received as 'precious' like I hope. One time I made a gift basket for someone who was graduating and to my horror found it later shoved in the back of her mothers storage room! Thankfully my love of DIY projects has been revived due to all the great sites out there promoting like projects.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. My relatives are not that sentimental. They don't really give anything for luck. Well, sometimes they give money trees to families for good fortune. Other than that, I can't remember anything else.