Odd or Innovative Kitchenwares

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 28, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    neversoggy.

I've always liked seeing kitchenware innovations, especially from home shopping channels. Not that I ever really bought any of them, since most of them do tend to be just gimmicks, but I do still enjoy seeing what these companies are coming up with. I recently came across this product called the Never Soggy (I think) and didn't know what to think of it, but I'm sure it's selling like hotcakes. I thought it was weird at first, but I saw a picture of it being used as a portable chips and salsa dish, and it kind of made sense to me after that. Seeing it for all the other uses such as separating cereal from the milk seemed a bit silly to me, but I'm sure many others find it to be a godsend.

Do you have any good finds when it comes to obscure or innovative kitchenware?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say the only one I've been pleased with recently would be the Kitchen King Pro. It's not earth shatteringly innovative, it's just a hand crank food processor. But it works really well, and is a nicely built machine.

One of the dumbest ones I've seen lately, which was actually featured on Shark Tank and got backed, was the Rapid Ramen. It's literally just a square shaped plastic bowl. That's it. It's for cooking ramen noodles in the microwave - which you could do with any damn bowl to begin with.

Another one that I had high hopes for, but was very disappointed with were these silicon cups for making poached eggs. The idea was you float them in the boiling water then crack your eggs in to them to keep the egg from spreading out all over. The problem was the eggs took forever to cook in them and then they stuck to the silicone no matter how much cooking spray you used.