O'Douls Non-Alcoholic beer

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SavvyGirl2014 • Jun 4, 2014.

1. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    I recently decided to abstain from alcohol, forever. Yes, I am now a non-drink, non-smoker, and non-pork eater lol. According to some of my fiancé's co-workers, they are wondering what I still have to live for lol. But I recently tried O'Doul's because I wanted to have a 'beer'. Honestly, it tastes just like Budweiser. In my opinion, Budweiser is very water and doesn't taste much like a hearty beer with hops like Corona or Guiness. But it is nonetheless one of America's favorite beers. I actually liked O'Doul's and I would recommend it to anyone who does not drink or is abstaining for any reason they may have. You will be able to find it in places like Winn-Dixie and other major supermarkets.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Question is why start drinking an non-alcoholic beer if you'd already decided to stop drinking? Using a placebo is very much like using the drug itself. Sooner or later you'll want to taste the real thing and guess where you'll be again?

3. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    Well I wasn't an alcoholic lol. It was a personal decision just not to put alcohol in my body because of the damaging effects it can have on ones health. If someone was a recovering alcoholic, then I probably wouldn't recommend it. But if someone is giving up alcohol for purely health reasons or just to be "straight edge", then why not try a non-alcoholic alternative? I think the fact that anyone would have something negative to say about drinking a non-alcoholic beer tells a lot about this society; that people drink to get drunk rather than enjoying the taste of the beverage. That is a serious problem.

4. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    By the way, no placebo effect here. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to put an alcoholic beverage in my body. As far as I am concerned, a non-alcoholic beer is the same as having a virgin Pina Colada. Should people never drink those either?

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I tries O'Douls and a couple of other non-alcoholic beers. Perhaps because I wasn't trying to quit drinking I never understood the appeal. I did not like the flavour of the non alcoholic beers but I generally go for a darker been anyhow. I think it is a great idea to have on hand for those not wanting to drink but it isn't for me. The O'Douls is common in the bars here as well. It sells to those who want to look like they are drinking (poured into a glass) but don't want to actually drink.

6. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    It is actually very popular in NY. I used to work in the entertainment industry and it was the best way to be at a party, be social, and not get inebriated. More for a business strategy rather than anything else. I'm with you on the darker beers. When I used to drink alcohol I preferred beers that were a bit more hearty, not as light as a Bud. But when I lived overseas for a bit and was having a bit of a breakdown over missing my "American" things, that watery Budweiser was the best beer I ever had! lol. Some women are drinking the non-alcoholic wines while pregnant because pregnancy actually gives many women the craving to drink. I personally would try to abstain from even the non-alcoholic ones at that point, but for some, it is their perfect treat.