Of all the Hollywood reboots, which ones do you think needed to be done?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Scottie • Mar 21, 2014.

1. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    For example, many thought that "The Incredible Hulk", The Dark Knight Trilogy, and "Rise of The Planet of the Apes" were reboots that needed to be done.

What are yours?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think any old movies needed a reboot. I'm horrified by what they did to Jem and the Holograms.
    They should have left that series alone instead of butchering it.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    You forgot to mention Transformers and Spiderman. These two movies need to stop already, it's getting old. I heard there's another Spiderman movie I'm definitely not watching it. Hollywood need to stop the reboots and start getting more creative.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm completely sick of all these superhero movies that they've been churning out since the late 90's - how many more superman, spiderman, incredible hulk, batman movies, etc... do we really need? What's particularly annoying is that these movies are ridiculously expensive to produce which limits how much the movie studios are willing to invest in other more original films. What's even more sad is they have even more of these movies scheduled for the next 10+ years already. Why people keep wasting their money on these types of movies is beyond me.

The only ones I remotely enjoyed was the first Transformers - the insane amount of detail on the Transformers themselves was pretty fascinating, from a computer graphics perspective, and I did get a little teary-eyed when I heard Optimus Prime's voice again, but the other sequels sucked. The other ones I liked were the Dark Knight films, if only for the fact that they sort of righted the wrongness of the 80's and 90's Batman movies, the 90's ones in particular were horrid.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a good question! I think I would like to see Sophie's Choice remade. It's such a beautiful heartfelt movie with such depth that is missing on movies nowadays.
    I can't stand these Hero movies anymore... There are so many out there and they are released so many times a year.

6. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sick of all the superhero movies as well. If I wanted a reboot for a film, I think it might be for Gone with the Wind, only to see if todays technology could make any of the scenes any more vivid. In terms of actors, I don't thin anyone else could do it better. I feel most Hollywood classics need to be left alone, because then tend to loose the value and beauty when it is not redone right.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The planet of the apes one was the most warranted and one of the best made reboots in my opinion. After seeing the first one I gladly paid money for the second and I even recommend it to friends constantly. It's one of the few new films I'd actually buy the physical copy for just to have it in my small collection. I think people should just spend their money on movies like this where the makers are showing passion for the project instead of seeing the movie as just another product.

8. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Planet of the Apes was one of the few reboots that I think was completely warranted. I probably would've argued against it at the time - the Tim Burton one was atrocious, and I didn't want to see more of that - but now it's one of my favourite film series. Can't wait for the third.

I find the majority of reboots to be bleh. So dull, so lifeless, so... unnecessary. Why reboot movies that were good in the first place? I'm not particularly looking forward to Jaws and Back to the Future, which, I believe, are underway. Remaster the originals and leave them alone, for pity's sake.