Off Brand IPhone or Apple IPhone Brand

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by May102014 • Jul 27, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Are you willing to buy an off brand IPhone over the Apple brand if it was available at a cheaper price?*I would purchase one if the price was reasonable and the IPhone was of high quality. Off brands are mock products so they should be of lesser value. Why buy an off brand iphone for the same or higher price of an Apple brand IPhone? I know some people don't use this option and for reasons I understand. Maybe this goes to my being of someone who is cheap. What are your thoughts?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The off-brands make major sacrifices in trying to copy the iPhone and other top retail smartphones. You'll get lower battery life, lower performance, lower build quality. These generic devices are decent on their own, but they're nothing like the devices they try to copy. An individual that's low on money should consider the generics, but really, an actual iPhone isn't that expensive on a contract, and people should really just go for high-end smartphones to meet their needs.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've seen some iPhone knock offs and they are fairly impressive in getting the physical design down as well as the software, but they operate way too slow to be a practical alternative. I think most of the people who buy these just do so for appearances, which I totally understand, but it just isn't for me. I'd much rather have a well functioning device of a lesser brand than have a knock off of the best brand and get half the performance.