Off Size Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Alexandoy • Nov 22, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you buy off size clothes on sale? Some boutiques in the mall here have regular bargain sale of their off size clothes. One store attendant said that the off size clothes are intentionally made not really for the regular sale but for the bargain sale. In other words, those off size clothes are meant to be sold on a discount. But I don't remember buying off size clothes especially pants because I am meticulous with my size. I remember receiving a shirt for a gift that is off size. The shoulder fits but the body doesn't, too tight.

I know of some people who are always on the lookout for off size clothes in the hope that they can buy it on a big discount.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Offsize clothes are a good bet for petite individuals as they complement their smaller frames. Another segment likely to benefit from these is women when they fall pregnant as well as the accompanying weight gain. This will save them from the cost of buying bigger clothes. In some fashion circles, offsize clothes are a fashion statement.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Not me. I rather go for my own size. I like to wear clothes that fits well. I only buy a little offize clothes when I have put on weight and needs something to wear temporarily.

I end up giving away such clothes eventually or they just get dumped in a closet.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a couple of offsize clothing items since I usually wear loose tops anyway. I do avoid off size pants since I prefer to wear my pants a little tight to compliments the loose top. I like finding them in great discount prices and the fact that I actually like how they fit.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm tempted at times but so far I've not bought off size clothes by myself. Owing to sale, the amount which I'll be saving might get scrapped in alteration. However, as a gift I've got many which are not of my size. One thing I've noticed that the sizes which are not easily sold often offered in sales. It is to woo people to clean the inventory up.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've also noticed in the past that some outlets will do you a great deal on a certain item because they just ant to try and get rid of that particular size. A few times in the past I have been offered an item of clothing that is maybe slightly to big for me and been offered it at half price rather than being given the size I do want.

In some instances you can get away with it like I am a size 8 in shoes, and have been offered a size 8 1/2 at a cheaper price, but there are a lot of times when no matter how cheap it is, it's not worth you doing because all that happens is it gets stuck in the wardrobe and left unworn because it doesn't look right.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't, simply because I haven't stumbled on such kinds of sales for the longest time. However, I used to go to the Surplus Shop in SM before, and that's where I buy my off size clothing or the rejected ones that weren't able to pass for quality control.

8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Do you mean just buying a size larger or something because it is on sale, or is offsize clothing a thing that I don't know about? Like, they make odd sizes and only put that stuff on the sales rack? I'm not sure I'm catching on to what you're talking about.

I have bought shirts a bit large if they are on sale. I like T-shirts and stuff like that in bigger sizes. I don't like to wear anything tight. T-shirts are meant to be comfortable, so I don't mind if it's a bit larger than my usual size. The larger sizes are usually longer as well, and I prefer longer shirts. I don't like short ones that ride up when you get in or out of the car and stuff.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Normally I go for big sizes of clothes not necessarily an off size but one that would allow my body some space. I wonder how people get comfortable wearing body hugs or tight fitted clothes. As for me if I have no alternatives I'd go for off size clothes. The good thing about off size clothes that are too big is that your tailor maybe able to help cut them to sizes.

10. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    I have not heard of off size clothes before. It would be interesting though.

11. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy off size clothes, it seems weird to me wearing something that doesn't fit you just because it is cheaper. I prefer having my clothes fit perfectly.

12. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I haven't bought any off size clothes although I always see bargains and sales in bazaars and malls most of the time. I don't know but I don't want to wear clothes that does not fit me perfectly. Well perhaps I can depending on the design of the clothe however, most of them (off size clothes) doesn't have classy or great designs and most of them are just plain shirts or pants. I know they are cheaper but I'd rather buy something that I think will be worth it :)

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is one of those where you really have to plan well and think ahead and weigh the costs and advantages. More often than not I would say that it is not worth it, but I know that I have had a couple where I did have to do ahead and get it, and I want to say that shoes are the best case for this.

14. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    No, I never buy off size clothes. It costs more to get it fitted to my size. So I prefer to my clothes that fits me or buy dress material and get it stitched (this is more expensive as the tailoring cost is very high).