Oil Cleansing Method

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Blossom • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever tried the Oil Cleansing Method to cleanse your face? If so, what types of oils did you use and what changes did you notice in your skin? I'm just looking for a natural cleanser that won't cost a lot.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Twice a week, I use plain vitamin E oil and massage it with a vacuum massager like Celluless.Using a rotating facial brush is another option, which I am yet to try out. I believe the oil actually helps cleanse the pores better than any cleansing lotion. It traps the embedded dirt more efficiently. The Celluless I use has the added benefit of giving me a facial massage as it suctions parts of my facial skin, sending blood to those parts.
    Other oils one can use are a combination of castor oil and sunflower seed oil in a 2:8 ratio for normal skin, increasing the quantity of sunflower seed oil in this ratio for dry skin.
    After massaging the oil on the face, you can also leave a facial towel wrung out in very warm water on the face. Let the towel cool, then wipe off any excess oil traces on the face. Follow with toner or witch hazel if required, then a night cream. :)

3. Spongecake

SpongecakeNew Member

Threads:
    I tried cleansing my face with olive oil for a period of three months. At the end of the day I would apply a small amount of olive oil to a cotton ball or pad and then sweep it over my face in long, smooth motions. (I had acne, and was trying to avoid irritating the delicate skin.) After that I'd sweep a dry cottonball over my face, and finish off with a damp washcloth to pick up any extra oil.

There wasn't much difference in my face from using oil vs. a traditional cleanser, but it didn't cause new breakouts and my face didn't feel tight.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used an oil cleansing method yet. But it is something I'm open to trying. I'm thinking about starting to make my own facial cleansers and soaps. I do use vitamin e serum but more as a moisturizer and on acne scars.

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to try Vitamin E oil on my face because I've heard that it has been known to clear up acne. I have never heard of a vacuum massager. Is that really expensive?