Old TV Shows

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I was fortunate enough that the cable channels we had when I was a kid frequently aired old shows so I got to know a lot of them very well even if they weren't of my generation. I used to come home from school and a lot of old sitcoms and shows would be on, during different years - namely - Cheers, Adam West's Batman, Mr. Belvedere, Small Wonder, etc. I think it gave me a better perspective of all the current shows I was watching at the time and I was actually amazed that these old shows were pretty much still relevant and relatable despite them being a bit outdated by the time I was watching them.

Do you or did you ever watch old TV shows? If so, which ones?

2. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I was obsessed with the old Batman show when I was little, but then they started only showing it at like 3am, so I would sneak out of my room and watch it. I also liked the Brady Bunch.

3. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I don't usually watch old tv shows as I prefer to watch current ones but the one tv show I have always loved despite it being older than me is Bewitched. I would watch it continually as reruns were shown on living tv and although I really dislike old programmes I found this one was different. The show has such great and fun storylines and even though some of the tricks they did you could see the wire it is still better than a lot of the shows today. I watched the film based on the series when it came out a few years ago but it did not come any where near as good as the original series.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Right now my old favorite is dragnet from 1967-1970. The stories are told in a different style than crime shows of today. I also like that it's set in l.a.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am not actually a fan of old television shows. If you say old, the first thing that would come to my mind is Friends although it is not quite old. But yeah, I am now considering watching old shows. I hope I could get some good suggestions here. :)

6. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I enjoy watching old shows for the majority of them I wasn't alive but I still enjoy them. I love watching I Love Lucy, Good Times, What's Happening, Sanford and son, Different Strokes, Laverne and Shirley, Maude and the Golden Girls just to name a few.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my. This brings back those good old memories. When I was in high school, FRIENDS was such a big hit. I watched a few episodes and everyone sure was funny (especially Chandler). However, my interests were somewhere else. I much preferred to watch Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Seventh Heaven, Will and Grace, That 70s Show and Charmed. Small Wonder was funny too but the time slot conflicted with my school hours so I didn't get to see a lot of episodes.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have discovered that I do actually prefer to watch old time televisions shows over the more current ones these days. Of course, there are a few exceptions to that. But a lot of the time, I much prefer to watch The Twilight Zone over any of the shows that they have running today. The pacing, back then - along with the acting and writing - was sheer genius, and I feel like we have lost some of that in current TV.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Come to think of it I don't think I ever watched old TV shows or any TV shows when I was a kid. My parents thought watching TV was a waste of time. Kids were supposed to read story books or spend the day outdoors doing more "productive" things. I don't think I missed much though.

10. kitsiks

kitsiksNew Member

Threads:
    When we had cable TV, I'd like watching old shows with my parents. Some that I can remember are The Brady Bunch, Charlie's Angels, and the old Batman series. I like the old special effects they had in those old actions series, pretty funny now and I'd get fun trivia from my parents while watching. Cheers and the Wonder Years were awesome too!

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also am not a fan of any shows that aired before the 90's. But like Dreek, I used to watch Twilight Zone when it was being aired on tv. I'm usually drawn to such strange and paranormal shows.

12. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    My all-time favorite show is The Golden Girls. I watched it with my Grandma when I was a kid and I still love it as an adult. I fall asleep watching it most nights, it is so comforting to me. I also used to love watching Three's Company on Nick at Nite. I LOVED Nick at Nite.

13. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    When i was a kid, I always see The Twilight Zone and The Three Stooges on TV but of course i don't really pay attention or have no interest about them at all. But now, as an adult i want to watch these shows. Before i thought Black and White shows was funny but now i thought they're cool. Now where do i find these shows online?

14. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I watch them casually. There’s a network dedicated to broadcasting them, and if I feel like having some background noise, I’ll turn it on as it tends to be less distracting than most other things. But it’s pretty rare I actively watch. The only one that I pay much attention to is Cheers, to be honest. Always did enjoy that one.

15. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love That 70s show, Will and Grace and 7th Heaven too! My favorite old tv show is That 70s show actually and I still rewatch it up to now. We have DVDs of all seasons of it. I actually am quite disappointed that Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher has to leave the show thereby making it defunct because they are the lead characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.