Older Video Games For Cheap

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by HappyKoi • Sep 16, 2016.

1. HappyKoi

HappyKoiNew Member

Threads:
    A lot of people look for older games, gaming systems, or consoles. Here are a few places that have worked out for me:
    Garage sales. I have found a lot of my really great finds at garage sales. You may have to do a lot of walking, but some places have garage sales that encompass entire blocks, neighborhoods, or small towns, starting in the late spring and going until the fall. Many of these sell for really good prices, perhaps because the seller isn't usually a gamer, and they're selling a grown child's old games. You can get good prices if you buy several at a time, mostly because these people are just glad to get rid of them.
    Thrift stores. I've seen lots of older, very rare games and consoles for sale behind glass counters or on shelves at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and similar stores. They sell for just a little money, and are usually in very good condition. It may take a bit of shelf-searching, but they are out there.
    Amazon. Usually you can find older games for very cheap, especially PC games. Stores think they won't sell, and they just want to get rid of a big back stock. If they are in floppy disk or CD-ROM form and your computer doesn't support that, there are lots of places that will convert files for a small fee to a flash drive. I have built up my stock of 90s games from Amazon, and the sellers have all been very reliable.
    I hope this helps you guys out.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For very old video games, I'd suggest trying to find them online. Games that are 10 years or older you may get them free if you carefully search for them on the net but that's if you aren't interested in getting the physical copies of the games.

p.s Abandonware sites are great places to find old or free video games.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I would usually go to yard sales and find a ton of games being sold for a few cents each. Most people do not know the value of their items so they just sell it and very cheap prices.

Places like ''The Segunda'' have old games for a few cents aswell.

4. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    If you are buying video games for a cheaper prize, I recommend going on ebay. They usually have a whole collection of older video games that are planning to sell. You can also check out G2A or HumbleBundle - sometimes they sell older games in their packets.