oldest cloth

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by elenapopa • Dec 5, 2014.

1. elenapopa

elenapopaNew Member

Threads:
    How old is the oldest cloth you guys have? And what is it?

2. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    The oldest cloth item I have is a pair of linen pants. I have had them since I was a teenager. It just reminds me that I was once skinny. That's right actually skinny. I was once a size 6. When I was 17 years old, I did not believe I was fat or too small. I thought I was just right, and would forever be just right.

I hadn't understood that a woman's body changes in their 20's. My body changed yet again at the age of 40, and 50. I guess I've had those pants for 33 years or more.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A pair of Dockers pants. I've heard them for over 10 years and because I neither gain nor lose weight since I exercise a lot, the pants still fit me fine. And they are still in great condition which means that they could last another 5 or more years. Most of my other clothes don't last that long though. Maybe it's because I hardly ever wear these particular pair of pants.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have the clothes that I wore when I was a teen, so they're more than a decade old already. Roughly 14 to 15 years old. The pants and the loose shirts still fit me, so I wear them until now. I rarely wear them though, so they don't look worn out.

5. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    The oldest piece of clothing I have is this hoodie that I bought from Banana Republic around 2008. I was working there seasonally one year and it only came up to about $15 with my discount. It has a ton of holes and things like that, but I still wear it around the house, especially during the colder months. When the hoodie was actually presentable, I would wear it outside quite often.

6. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My skin... LOL joking. My oldest cloth is a pair of 5 year old jeans I own. I am surprised they are still around. I remember I bought them at a thrift store (so they were old already) for 3 dollars and I have had them ever since. There are still no holes in them either. Surprisingly they held up and they are an off brand. I'm wearing them right now as a matter of fact.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oldest clothing I have in my possession would be the one my mother wore when she was in her 20s. It's a 70s bolero she sew by herself and using materials she personally bought. Whenever I wear it to work, people would think it's some new, psychedelic design because it blends well with my black sleeveless shirts. They're often shocked to discover it's a hand-me-down that dates back to the 70s.