Oldversion.com - Still a great resoruce.

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Fauxpat • May 13, 2014.

1. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:

hosts an archive of older versions of select PC and Mac titles (freeware, shareware, and abadonware). It's for those who are familiar with a particular version, and either find the downgrading process complicated or just can't find it anywhere. Not only that, but more often than not a developer will have particular features available in the shareware version of their software, only to make it a paid feature in future releases. Although I haven't used them in years, I still highly recommend them.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing the link. I've been looking for a place where I can download the old Google talk but couldn't find it anywhere on the net.

Maybe when I look through oldversion.com I might find it.

BTW, I've found out that the old versions of Firefox were much better than these newer versions so apart from Gtalk, I'll be getting myself an old version of Firefox.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Useful link, thank you! :D I don't usually need older software versions, but it happens. For example, right now I'm using an older version of Firefox. Since the last update I'm missing a few functions that I need for my online work. And some functionality I can call faster in the older FF version. And let's not forget that sometimes they botch versions/patches so having a resource that provides alternative versions is invaluable.

4. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I still use the site when I have to do a fresh install for a computer and want winamp. Any other music player feels like torture to me.