Olive Garden

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vpresson • Apr 2, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay so for my anniversary my husband took me to Olive Garden I had never been there before so I was excited cause I had heard a lot of good things about the place I couldn't wait to get some food I expected the food to be amazing buttttt I was wrong. I had the shrimp scampi cause I love shrimp and it was horrible it tasted like freezer burn I was disappointed but than I thought well it's not really a seafood type of place so let me go with something they are known for I got the tour of itly plate now first I loved their breadsticks those were great and their chicken alfredo was okay but the rest of the food I gotta say I wasn't impressed they have high prices and the food isn't even worth it so It was my first and last time ever going to Olive Garden the food literally made me sick has anyone else had the same problem with Olive Garden?

2. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of the place. Some people really like it, but if you're looking for good Italian, go to a non-chain restaurant in your area. Now I know what you're probably thinking here, "but it's more expensive than Olive Garden."

Ah, not always. Many local restaurants offer deals and specials to get people into their seats as opposed to Olive Garden. If you can't find any that do, it comes down to the question: On your anniversary, are you going to be willing to spend a little extra, or settle for undercooked shrimp?

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been impressed with the food at Olive Garden. It's just bland. I don't understand why it's so popular. I would prefer to got to a small Italian restaurant. The food is more authentically Italian and very tasty.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been there, but my mom has always said she isn't a fan. I'm surprised because the menu does look pretty decent to me. I love pasta so I would have thought this would be a good place to go. But I think I will avoid it now, since I've heard a lot more negative things than good.

5. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    It's because people like what's familiar. That's why there's so many chain restaurants out there. I've never understood people traveling to a new place, but then eating at a location that's exactly the same as one they have back home!

You can find cheap food on the road, anytime. But I guess that's for another thread....

6. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Not with Olive Garden, but i did have similar experience as you. May i expected too much, so i got a bit disappointed.

7. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been to Olive Garden although I have always heard a lot about it. Some people say that their food is really good and reasonably priced, on the other hand I have heard people say that Olive Garden is not as good as everybody would like to think and that it is very over priced. So I don't know, but I do know that if you want authentic Italian food, I think going to a small restaurant might be a better choice that would serve the real thing and a better price.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The menu is great. They have great items on the menu. It's the flavor that I have a problem with. Since it's a large chain, they probably cook to appease the palate of the average person. It just too bland for me.

I have also had the same type of experience at the Cheesecake Factory, but that's for another thread.

9. vpresson

Threads:
    I never thought about it I don't mind spending a little extra if it's worth it with food

10. vpresson

Threads:
    I want to try authentic Italian food which is the reason why I went to olive garden but I was so wrong lol

11. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Olive Garden has some amazing breadsticks, but that's all there is really. The entrees aren't that great and it's obvious that the food was originally frozen and then they just warmed it up. Their deserts are like something you buy at the freezer section of the grocery store, and they're really not that impressive. Out of everything, I really like their breadsticks and maybe their soup. xD

12. Khronic

KhronicNew Member

Threads:
    I'm more for the family business Italian restaurant than I am Olive Garden. I feel like the whole place feels like a chain and there isn't much going for an individual restaurant. I think that the entrees are overpriced and I have my suspicions that they just microwave the food. Their breadsticks are good and their lunch deals are good aswell, but I don't eat there often.

13. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think it has it goods and bads. Some people have a better experience than others. I think that they are a little overrated many people said how great the food was and it was amazing. I went there and the food was okay nothing to break the bank on.

14. Waektra

WaektraNew Member

Threads:
    good solution man ^_^

15. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    Chain restaurants like Olive garden are terrible. Support local restaurants, you may pay 10% more but you will be so much happier when you leave.

16. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like the food at the Olive Garden by us, but I haven't been there in at least 4 years so things could have changed. I never thought they were the best tho, but I thought the food I had there was good. I haven't been there in years tho because I always thought the were a bit expensive for the amount of food they gave you. I guess you can say that I thought their food tasted ok but didn't think it was worth it in the long run.

For Italian we like Carrabba's better but that is just our personal preference. The only place I ever get seafood at is Red Lobster on the rare occasion we get to go there (that is my favorite chain restaurant.)