Olive Oil

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by regicide3342 • Jun 18, 2015.

1. regicide3342

regicide3342New Member

Threads:
    Can olive oil be used to treat skin? Ive seen some coconut oil products but olive oil is what caught my eye. Have you used olive oil in other ways than cooking? Give me ideas :p!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've known plenty of people use olive oil on thier babies, in place of traditional baby oil. People do say that it is great for the skin. I'm really clumsy and burn myself often when cooking. I find that olive oil is great for these burns, probably becasue there's no artificial nasties in there. I do feel as though it reduced scarring too.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    You can, I’ve used it before in some of the same ways I use coconut oil (makeup removal, extra moisturization, as an ingredient in homemade body scrubs, things like that). Sometimes someone’s skin won’t react well to coconut oil, so olive oil is a good alternative to try out.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pure, cold pressed olive oil is a wonderful moisturizer for the skin. I use it all over my body after a salt scrub. I also like to use a towel dipped in warm olive oil on my neck after exfoliating. It soothes and nourishes the skin. Another favorite of mine is to rub warm olive oil into my hair a few hours before I wash it. It softens and conditions dry and damaged hair. To give my hair a deep treatment, I usually leave the oil in my hair overnight, wrapped in a towel.