On Top Of The Situation

Discussion in Misc & Others started by to7update • Dec 30, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    So finally just bought my iPhone. :) I let Christmas go by, waited for the sales and the wait was worth is, because I got a $50 discount on it. As I bought it with my mobile operator, they still gave me additional discounts on another services I have with them, so a pretty good day in what concerns don't paying it all.

Do you usually wait for these sales too?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    If you are going to get such a good discount then it is better to wait until after the Christmas period when the sales are on. My brother has a TV which packed up a few days ago, :mad: which didn't leave him very happy. Yet, he decided to wait until the sales were in full swing before going to get another one. It means he can get a much better telly for his money.

3. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that was precisely what I did, I waited until after Christmas and the discount appeared. I am really looking forward to receive my phone as the one I am currently using is not even a smartphone, so there's a lot I will be doing with the new one. :)

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Congrats on your new smartphone. I would definitely wait for the right time if it's worthy. In fact I usually wait for festive seasons to buy costly household/electronic items. The best part is that in addition to attractive discounts we can also get some other items as free gifts. Last Diwali (a festival which is celebrated in November here) I bought an induction cooker. I got around 20% discount on the price and also some non-stick cookware items as free gift with the cooker. It was really a good deal for me. I bought it because it was from a good brand and my neighbor also recommended this.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks! :D I am still waiting for it @luckycharm@luckycharm, but today I have dropped my old one twice, so I hope that doesn't happen when the new one arrives. How good is it to get 20% discount right? It's pretty great. Mine had approximately that discount either, meaning that in the previous day it was costing $50 more. Those $50 are now in my pocket. :)

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I wait for sales and discounts offer. During the end of summer, I buy summer clothes because you can get in half price. I won't be using summer clothes until the next season, but I save a lot of money. I buy winter clothes when winter is almost ending. I wait until next year to wear these clothes. I also wait for festival and holiday offers to get products in discounted price.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Some telcos offer a free handset every 2 years since you subscribed to them. If you want the more expensive model then just add some cash. My brother gets a new phone or tablet every 2 years because of his subscription, although as expected, it's sim locked. When he gave me one of his old phones I had to spend to have it unlocked to other networks.

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I did get one of those 2 years subscription, but I don't care because I've been with this company for long years now. I also changed the whole package I had, TV, internet, phone, hotspot, and I ended up paying less than I used to be paying, so overall I am really happy because I made an excellent deal.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I always wait for holiday sales to purchase groceries because where I purchase, they mostly always heavily discount the whole price and not just on one item. You can also wait for the after-holiday sales because most holiday-related candy, items, food or clothing are heavily discounted. Black Friday also has some good online sales. You don't have to fight with people at the store.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am not in the habit of waiting for after Yuletide sales. From what I gathered here I think I should start thinking about that henceforth. Congratulations on your purchase of a new iphone. I must say the $50 discount is huge and was very good purchase, the waiting was quite worth it.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do wait such good opportunity to avail of the items I want to buy. I always monitor on sales of mobile phone when there is a new one. The promo cost is good and it seems to be affordable. Or the other way around, I would buy the surplus phone for it is being replaced by a new one. The cost is less than compared to its original cost before.

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Now I am totally focused on those discounts because I was following them closely prior to getting my phone, so I am still checking them even if I don't need to anymore, and when I do I am always afraid to find a discount bigger than the what I got. It's just as it is though, we never know what comes next.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually watch for sales, too, providing the item is not something that I need immediately. After Christmas sales come the after-Christmas closeouts, and then the January clearance specials, and then usually more sales in February to end winter items and prepare for spring items.
    I also look for items where the package has been damaged, the item has been returned, or sometimes I find refurbished items , especially when shopping online and at Amazon. With these kinds of closeouts and sales, you can find them anytime, as long as you are willing to take the time and look.
    Last summer, I was able to get my new Jawbone fitness tracker for under $20 because it was a close-out model, and it was also a return. The regular price was around $100; so I saved a lot of money by shopping until I found a good bargain.
    It works perfect, and I am totally happy with it !

14. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't shop that much for off-line stuff, other than food. However, though, even if I did, I doubt if I'd wait around for sales. Nonetheless, when it comes to online stuff, then I'm always on the lookout for discounts in hosting or domain renewals because those things eat me up each month.

Oh, by the way, off-line sales might not be as important when you figure you might get better deals on eBay or Amazon.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If the discounts on goods around the Yuletide is big as in I can expect at least 30% slash in prices then it'll be okay to wait. Especially if it's not a pressing need at the moment. Well last December I bought a pair of fine loafers at a discounted price of 50% it didn't occur to me if that was supposed to be seasoned sales

16. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. I and my dad waited for a sale like this to buy my first mobile. It was Samsung Corby which was one of th greatest mobile phones I have ever owned. Nothing can replace that phone. Now I'm using Moto. Anyways, if there is a good discount which I can afford then I would definitely buy it.