one of my favorite sites for donating...

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by S.O. Price • Aug 20, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hi,

I just wanted to mention (one) of my favorite sites...

. They are listed on Facebook too. Have you ever wanted to be a hero in someone's life or do you know someone who needs a hero and has a need/wish that maybe somebody could help them with?

This site brings the hero and the 'wisher' together. People post wishes and then others can view the wishes and decide if they would like to fulfill that wish. Sometimes it is just someone who wants to have get well cards sent to a relative or sometimes it's a much bigger need. You can partially fulfill a wish if you want to. One should always research, research, research so one does not ever feel like they 'got taken' on the site. I usually stick to people who live nearby so that helps me to be familiar with what they list on line. The site also lists those 'wishers' who are willing to verify their name and address by putting a star by their name. I usually stick to people who not only need a wish fulfilled but have also been a hero for someone else on the site.

Any donations are NOT tax deductible. I have to say it is really heart-breaking sometimes to read all the needs of people. I wish I could fulfill ALL the wishes! I wish people did not have to struggle so...

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a great charity. I liked them on Facebook and talked about them on my Wall. It's too bad that this thread got hijacked by spam. I reported it.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely a worthwhile charity....you have to wonder with some, but it's always good to find a reputable one.