Online movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Konstantina • Apr 28, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone! I used to watch movies in youtube, but I recently found that many clips were disabled. Is it legal to watch those clips? Does it depend on the country? Is there a legitime site where you can watch movies without having to pay, or should I just stick to dvd's? :)

2. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I don't think watching clips that like are illegal but the companies feel that videos like that on YouTube are taking away revenue from their films. There are a lot of free streaming sites if you Google enough and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to host them but I don't think it's illegal to watch them, though some might find it "immoral" as you are watching something you're supposed to be paying for. Hulu.com and Netflix are one of the largest on-demand streaming services and they have a lot of free content, so go check them out!

3. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    It is perfectly legal to watch anything put on Youtube but things like that can usually be taken down fairly quickly. If you want to watch a lot of movies for free I suggest getting Netflix Instant Streaming since it is pretty cheap and they have thousands of movies and TV Shows for you to watch. You can also watch them a lot more comfortably than you can on Youtube since you won't have to keep going from part to part. Other than that there is really no site out there where they let you watch movies for free like that. If there ever was then it probably got taken down pretty quickly.

4. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    From what I have heard, is that the movies that you will find on Youtube are perfectly legal to watch. I believe I read somewhere, where it said that after so many years (3, maybe?), that the movie actually becomes public property, and you are free to do as you wish with it.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes illegal movies, clips and television shows get uploaded to YouTube. YouTube tries it's best to prevent this and to disable videos that break copyright laws. The only truly legal place I know to watch movies is Hulu.com You will not find any recently released movies, but they do have a nice inventory of movies.

bHulu does have a nice selection of television shows and often you can watch them the day after they air. I have discovered a lot of older show on that site. Shows that I didn't know about or had a limited run. There are really some gems on that site.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The only "legal" way I know of watching movies and series online is Netflix. There are many other sites available too, which are free, but they're obviously not legitimate/legal.

7. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    There are some legal movies on youtube, Hulu is also a good site - but is US only, If you are in the UK then any movie shown on the BBC is put up online onto the bbc website. If you wan to pay something, you can use Netflix, I love i, for the price you pay, it is a bargain.

8. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I used to download movies from youtube. The movies would be in so many parts and it was quite a hassle to download every part. Now I can download entire dvds from a torrent site. As for the legality of it, it's a grey area. Kind of like if you own a dvd, is it illegal for you to lend it to your friend? The main point is that you lent it to your friend without any monetary consideration, so it's not an infringement of copyright.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some sites that offer to stream movies for free, I visit

and

to watch movies online. I'm just not sure if they're legal websites, but they've been around for years already, so maybe they are. After all, like the other member said, after 3 years the movie becomes public property already.

#9Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  10. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Hulu has some free movies and youtube has some legally full length movies at

They're usually less popular and older ones, but those ones are the legally free ones