Online Music: Do You Think It Is Worthy?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by naruto100 • Oct 31, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I remember using something called "Limewire" to download music (for free) and then I could make CD's from there. But then they started playing advertisements before the actual song, and then sometimes the entire song was the advertisement, and then I finally went on there and the entire site was down, permanently down. It's better to just watch YouTube videos, you get to hear the songs and see the lyrics if you choose, plus it's F-R-E-E...and you know what? I still listen to the regular radio, just for the occasional surprise or blast-from-the-past song. ;)

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, to keep listening with applications online to ones favorite songs means to be spending data on daily basis as long as you want to listen and enjoy yourself with music. It's definitely not a wise idea.

So, for my kind of person that listens to music more than 14 hours on daily basis, this means that more than 60% of my monthly earnings would go to data subscriptions. :eek:

3. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Of course you should not attempt downloading anything fro the web without installing the latest antivirus software on your PC. I have downloaded lots of stuff from YouTube but my PC has never been affected. I use AVG Internet security and it is really working well for me. Most vehicles in my country have free wi-fi so you can not waste your data downloading then songs. Even in town , almost every shop has unsecured wi-fi. I don't strain much in terms of internet data bundles.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    HA ha , then surely such applications are not made for you. Surely you should avoid it and go for downloading them. That is the right choice. It is more convenient for you and surely for saving money too.

I am not fond of music that much. But still whenever I am traveling I used to listen music regularly. So at that time I only go for my downloaded music. That's the only comfortable thing for me too.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's surely uncomfortable. Youtube is surely a good option compare to what you said. At least we can save few music and videos for offline mode. Means we can listen the same song again without any data. So it will save money and time too. Though I only used to download music or buy CD from the market. That is more comfortable thing for me.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    This depends on the subscriber, for example, I have free calls nationally and Internationally, I have free internet, and free messages on my cell phone for the whole month for only 2 dollars, I can keep my Internet cellphone open all the time for a free cost, so, for me listening music would be without cost.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think music streaming sites like Spotify are fantastic because you can get the kind of music you want for free. Usually you have to listen to some ads..but if they create a channel for you..you can listen to music ad free. It is nice!

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate apps with a passion because they are so invasive. I do have some but always deny things such as location. I would rather download the music I want to hear to a mp3 player and then play it as and when I wish to. I know many younger people don't think about the cost of data, but it's a huge chunk and I do think it is a waste of money.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I love the availability and the variety, but this is one where everywhere you look they are trying to squeeze some money out of you, and that is irritating. I am not sure how people are getting used to paying small amounts per song, as that would drive me crazy.

10. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's the reason I don't even dare to look at such applications like they exist nor consider to ever downloading it for a test trial. It's definitely not meant for me for several reasons not only the expenses and wasting of data it comes with.

I love have a mix of my own favorite songs and playing it online is not going to offer me because those songs online have already been set on a playlist how it's going to play down, but I prefer to download and create my own playlist.

11. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Pandora, Spotify, and also Amazon Prime music. I do have some music that I downloaded from either Amazon or iTunes; but mostly I just stream whatever I want to listen to. Since I only do that at home, it is streaming with the wifi and not using any data.
    We pay the same amount fo the wifi every month whether we stream with it or not, and my husband streams movies every night.
    I sometimes watch youtube videos, or stream music; but I only have the free versions and not the premium version that cost money each month. The only exception would be the Amazon Prime Video and Prime Music. Since we have a Prime account anyway, getting the free movies and music is just part of the benefits of an Amazon Prime account.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, you must be having unlimited internet at your home via wifi. Otherwise it can be quite costly for you. What you do when you are out? I mean during some travelling or other place? Even I am having unlimited internet plan at home, but I mostly listen music during travelling. So for that purpose I can't use my mobile data as it is limited one. So it can be costly for me. I guess it depends on different things.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I listen to music is Christmas time as I prefer my own thoughts to listen to what others are singing. I do have a huge collection though all downloaded from the Net free of cost. I have also bought a few CDs which are languishing.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only isten to music at home, so all it uses to connect is my wifi. I only go to places close to where I live, like down to the grocery store, and I usually take my neighbor lady (who has no vehicle) along with me so she can shop, too. We visit as i drive, and there is just no reason to listen to music.
    I haven’t made any long driving trips in many years, and when I did do that kind of thing, and wanted to listen to music, I used the car radio.
    I can see that if a person was listening to music on their phone, then it would be much better to have the music downloaded so that you do not have cellular charges.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    In that case I guess such apps are okay. As you only prefer to listen music at home where you having unlimited internet all the time. With that you can surely enjoy latest stuff as you are online all the time. So its kind of advantage.

16. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to music on apps as they use too much data even though they are free. Whenever I have to listen to something, I just go to youtube or gaana.com. But the downside is that, as they are free services, you have to put up with occasional ads that can be too annoying. It is better to buy your own CDs instead !

17. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    With the rate of date subscriptions cost here in Nigeria and how fast those date disappears, it would totally crazy to listen to music online or take more of watching videos. That would be most silly way to waste money.

It's always better to download the songs one love once in a while and play them at your leisure time or any time that you are free and the mood for songs.

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's the same cost of data consumption it takes to watch music or listen to songs on YouTube in your locality is the same with ours here. I don't dare near YouTube for any song reasons as it consumes lots of mobile data.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    But isn't ganna.com is kind of online app only. I mean they plays songs online, right? or they allow to download them. Don't know as I never used it. If they allow then it is okay, but what if they don't. I mean we have to use data for the same songs if we want to hear them again. So it will work same as those apps. I don't know if it works like that.

20. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is an online app and since I use it on my desktop computer, I do not have pay extra or use data as I have an unlimited annual broadband plan. I never listen to it on my phone as I have a postpaid contract and so don't use up data that much on the phone.