Online or Offline shopping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JaydonTyler • May 28, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop online for most things. It is so easy to shop around for deals, not to mention you barely need to wait long to receive your items when shopping through big companies.
    I even shop for clothing online. I know my sizes and they usually will tell you the measurements of each size for clothing, so shopping online has never been an issue.

I like to get things done. And shopping online is a quick way to do that. what do you think?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying stuff online is more convenient than going to the store and the products tend to be cheaper.

However, I don't do a lot of shopping online unless it's something I'll download or super-cheap products like used DVDs. Otherwise, I do most of my shopping offline in real stores because I hate having to pay for something and wait for some time [I don't care how long] for it to be delivered.

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    It depends where you shop. IF needed, I will pay for faster delivery times. Like with onnit.com I pay around $30 to get my products in a few days. I know not everyone would want to pay that much. I only do with onnit. To be fair, when I shop there I save over $30 so it works itself out and I actually save money with my discounts.
    Some places like futureshop offer free shipping and they dont take long at all.

4. rabeet

rabeetNew Member

Threads:
    Other than Black Friday, online is the way to go.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm shopping for. If its clothes or shoes, I'll go into the store to be sure what I'm buying fits. Even if I save a few dollars buying the same clothes or shoes online, it's not worth the hassle of having to send everything back if the clothes don't fit. Also, I tend to go into stores for more expensive electronic items to test them out and be sure I like the product. For those though, I'll look to online deals before buying an expensive electronic item in the store.

6. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping offline except for some things that aren't available near me. Even for sales, I usually buy in store as I can get items faster that way, especially for larger items that I would rather not risk getting damaged by shipping. I will buy things online, though, if the sale is online only. Moreover, if an item can only be found online, then I will buy it online as well, or if a certain item is just less expensive online. Mostly, though, I just compare prices online and buy the item in store.

7. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Shipping takes way too long for me in a lot of cases. Even if online costs a little bit less I'll pay more to have what I want now; I'm a child like that. Many physical stores will price match anyways..

8. scottguy

scottguyNew Member

Threads:
    As easy and convenient as online shopping is, I still much prefer going into stores and doing it. It just makes me feel better to be able to buy something and get instant gratification, rather than buying it and then having to wait a week before I actually get it, you know? It's also cool to go into a store and FIND things, maybe on the clearance rack or somewhere else where you could maybe discover something that you wouldn't necessarily think to search for online. Then again, online shopping is so much easier and if you're looking for something specific, it's always the way to go so I suppose I'm mixed on the subject.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online, especially for stuff like clothing, shoes and other accessories. They will typically have the full selection available online, and in all the sizes I need - so I don't have to spend hours at the store looking through all the racks and all the shelves for my size. Plus, many times, they are completely sold out of a certain style or print, and I wouldn't have even known it existed had I not seen it online.

The only time I will shop for this stuff in person at stores, is if they have some sort of clearance outlet. I don't mind digging through the countless aisles of unorganized racks to find the styles and sizes I am looking for if their prices are dirt cheap like that.

The other reason I like shopping online, is you can often find older styles from a brand that are no longer available. For example, Dockers brand keeps changing around their fabrics and cuts each year, and I prefer their pants and shorts from a couple of years ago, vs. their newest ones. I can usually find them on eBay though, thankfully - and sometimes on Amazon.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that shopping online is a quick and convenient way to shop, but there are some items that I won't buy online, like clothes, because I would be uncomfortable buying something that I haven't tried on, since there is a possibility that the size, even if I made a rough estimate, might not fit me. I'm comfortable buying electronic items online though. But I just hope that they won't malfunction or be a deadset before the warranty ends, since it's hard to ship the item back to the manufacturer, especially if it's from abroad.

11. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Only few products I buy from online store and the rest will be done with my offline shopping. We have a huge market going on every weekend in my town and that usually a time when my family and I go for shopping at cheaper prices and more fun.

12. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    For me what works the most of buying stuff online because that works positive i mean in a way like we get all on our doorstep,At the same time when we need to buy something that we are unable to get at some place and is available at online stores then its amazing too,At the end of the day i fine it more comfortable because i can get stuff even in my busy schedule.

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's true. I try to buy in a regular store when I can. Some items you just can't get in a physical store though. The selection where I live can be not all that great so I find things like that quite often. Plus I'd rather use a gift card for Amazon if I have one than use real money.

14. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    Shipping takes too much time to my country so I prefer offline shopping. I also got hacked in the past, so I am very careful with online shopping. When I buy anything online it's something that I can't buy offline like software etc.

15. Ojunsx

OjunsxNew Member

Threads:
    I constantly feel like physical stores are always trying to fool me. I mean, when I'm at the store, I can't really compare the price of a specific product to other places, unless I physically go there to see how much it costs in a different place. Online however, I can just google around to find other prices and compare very quickly.

So from a money-saving perspective, I definitely prefer shopping online. There is however some charm in shopping in physical stores, it's quite fun, in a way.

16. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I hate paying for shipping! A lot of times I'll find a really good deal online, and then the bad news comes when I find out shipping is going to make that great deal into not such a great deal anymore. This is why I do most of my buying at brick-and-mortar stores.

Internet shopping is great for comparison shopping however. If I'm going to make a substantial purchase, I always do a lot of research online before I go someplace to shop in person.

17. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I find that the best deals are most often online. The only problem is when you sometimes have to pair an assortment of items to meet a minimum threshold for free shipping. I can't begin to imagine how much I've saved from finding a "hot deal" online. In addition though, I like to glance at reviews or feedback for particular items and you can more readily access that online.

Offline purchases are usually reserved for groceries or clothing that I need to try on. Recently purchased shoes online though and didn't have any issues even though I grabbed 3 pairs.

18. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online mostly because I spend a lot of time out of country and that way I can get what I need where I need. However, that being said: Recently, I made several purchases online so that when I returned to my home base I would have the things I need at a lower cost and then could bring them back with me. I'm not sure this was a good idea. Most of the shoes I purchased were too tight! And since I bought them on ebay I cannot return them. Thankfully I have family members that were very excited about their free Keens shoes but when I added up the amount of cheap slightly used Keens that I could not fit into it was equivalent to one new pair. So I'm not sure shopping online is always a good idea, but I do it all the time out of necessity.

19. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Because of how much I have to buy at any given time-massive house remember?-it's just easier to buy some things online than it is to go in person. Saying that, we do enjoy grabbing a handful of trollies and whizzing around the supermarkets every now and then. So six of one half a dozen of the other I suppose.

20. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much enjoy the feeling of shopping online is more convenient and time saving when it comes to traffic and crowded store.I surely appreicate online shopping during the hoildays and did I mention I find all kinds of deals online cheaper than going to the store. It also great for me shopping for birthday gifts that offer me great deals on shipping and handling. Love online shopping.