Online or Offline shopping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JaydonTyler • May 28, 2014.

1. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    If I do online shopping, its usually through Amazon. That website can not be beat and they have amazing deals and awesome customer service. However, if I'm ordering something then I most likely already looked at it in a store and then found out its cheaper online. I try not to order clothing online unless it has been tried on in the store or I am 100% certain of my size. Granted, with amazon.com, it is very simple to return something but I'd prefer not to.

I do probably 95% of my Christmas shopping online mainly because I rarely buy clothing as presents. Its so great to go online and get a good deal on the popular presents like DVDs and CDs. Last year, I got brave and ordered my husband a pair of boots that he loves. Score! I don't like to go retail shopping during the holidays because it just gets too crowded and people are normally pretty crabby.

2. jackhaal

jackhaalNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer online shopping rather than offline shopping. There are some thing that you can get online but just can't get offline. If your iPhone/iPod/iPad charger breaks, (which happens quite often by the way) the cheapest lightning cable you can find is like $20 I believe. Online, you can find them from $5, which I think is really helpful. Sure, they're not exactly the quality of what you could get if you bought it from the Apple store, but it does help a lot!

3. Yog Kumar

Yog KumarNew Member

Threads:
    I thing both of the ways have their own pros and cons. Online shopping is more convienent and time saving. While Offline Shopping, user get full gratification and enables to touch & feel the product before paying for it.

4. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online as it is the most economical way to Shop here in India. I get to decide what exactly I am buying and I get time to decide if that is the right thing for me. I usually get most of my items delivered within 2 days of my order and I get a 30 days replacement guarantee if I ever changed my mind. Besides, waiting for 2 days to get a product is way better than waiting at a physical store. We even have a payment on delivery option which is great. I love shopping Online.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping Online is the way to go for me. Everytime I go to shop around offline, I have to spend money in transportation. Now try to imagine to go outside several times a week looking for discounts and bargain offers. Is logically cheaper hunt these offers and discounts online.

Now, If you prefer to shop offline then go ahead. Is not a poor choice, but
    is quite conditioned to your local business variety, market behaviour and
    distance these are from your home.

6. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I usually shop online when I can't find what I want. There are lots of things I just can't find in Mexico. This is why I love amazon so much, it has everything! It is also super convenient, not having to leave your house. Most stuff on stores you can't try before you buy either way so I don't think that's a huge deal.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For me there's equal advantage and disadvantage in both. If I buy online, the wait is sometimes something I don't like dealing with, and if I buy offline I don't like the physical travel but at least I get to come home with what I paid for in that day. I pretty much just go with whatever will be cheaper after I calculate the time spent and gas prices and all that, because at the end of the day I think they are pretty much equal for me and the main differentiator will be which one will yield me the most savings.

8. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    To me, it totally depends on a subject I'm seeking to buy. I never go online to get myself some groceries. I don't usually buy clothes online. Though, sometimes I try it offline and then go online to find a cheaper price. Slightly cheaper, usually. What about online purchases... it's usually something electronic.

9. rainhero

rainheroNew Member

Threads:
    I shop both online and offline. The majority of the things I need are found online because the stores near me don't have it, and it's a struggle for me to get transportation far out to where a store might carry it. So I do some shopping in stores and the rest online. I do heavily search out everything and review it first before I choose to purchase something online. I also try and get the best possible price for it. I have also purchased groceries online using amazon prime's grocery store whose name I cannot recall right now. My family and I have done quite a bit of grocery shopping there when we didn't have enough cash that month to go shopping at the grocery store.

10. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I shop both online and offline. It really depends on what I'm shopping for that helps me with my decision. If I'm shopping for clothes or shoes for myself, I prefer offline shopping. If I'm buying toiletries, gardening and kitchen items, oatmeal, and other pantry staples I'll shop online.

11. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm buying, I prefer buying books and gifts online, but for groceries I definitely prefer in store. I absolutely hate clothes shopping both online and especially offline, but I still shop at the mall because I like being able to try something on before I buy it. I like shopping for perfume and makeup online if I know and trust the brand.

12. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    A mix of both really, I like to research prices and product details online, and maybe a trip to Best Buy if it's an electronic. Outside of groceries and clothes though I'm typically able to avoid impulse shopping and stick to the best price, which I find is typically an online seller.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online too & usually it is cheaper online than brick & mortar, until now for me. Like most of you I dislike paying for shipping, so I wait till I have enough to get free shipping like at amazon it's now 49. for free ship with most products. Amazon has wonderful prices until this recent purchase the plate I bought was 3. more than brick and mortar shops. I usually shop around for things and buy where it's cheaper.

Most are so right there is just no comparison for convenience for shopping online...no line, no transportation time or cost and you can shop at 1AM if you wish and the internet stores are always open for you. Sometimes you can find your purchases come with free shipping, then it's so sweet, when you find this deal!

14. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy grocery shopping in stores because I love browsing and find that it's easier when you're in person with the products. Sometimes I'll find better deals online for grocery items I usually buy so I'll purchase that if I'm already planning to shop online for other stuff. Cosmetics and random household items I like to shop online for. I've bought more clothing items and accessories like gloves, hats or shoes online just because it's been easier to research the style. I don't know many clothing stores I actually like shopping at, it's usually luck that I find something in person that I like to wear. So overall, I guess it's pretty equal - online to in person shopping.

15. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I always shop online because it is convenient and I love amazing deals. Also, I use Ebates and receive cashback plus dicounts. Sometimes I shop at stores but that's when I just want to get out and have family time or girl time with my friends. I think saving money is what matters most.

16. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Depending on the price and the product I shop on line during the year. But at Christmas time, I am all about online shopping! No lines, no parking, and no problems. For the last four years I have been fortunate to purchase 90% of my Christmas gifts online thus allowing me to be less stressed and enjoy the holiday more.

17. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I love online shopping. I have an Amazon Prime account and I know how to use it! I also like to go to Walmart.com. Both of these stores have addressed the problem of shipping costs. I do most of my shopping at these 2 stores and I enjoy free shipping too.

18. cpol99

cpol99New Member

Threads:
    I prefer online over offline every day. It's such a pain to get in the car, drive to the stores and spend hours looking. The best way to do it is to find what you want online, go see it directly in a store to make sure you like it, then order it online cheaper. And as for grocery shopping, why would anyone ever rather grocery shop in store??

19. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    You can get almost everything at Amazon. I need some hiking sandles, so today I looked on Amazon, compared the customer reviews, and found an awesome pair for a reasonable price. I was going to buy my Chromebox from Tiger Direct, because I figured they had the best price. But today I stumbled on a great deal through Amazon that is saving me about $50 over the Tiger Direct price. You can really find good deals on Amazon!

20. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    It depends ! If its clothes or shoes, I'll go into the store to be sure that they fit. For example, A blouse can be really beautiful, but when I try it on.. Naah. It don't fit to me at all. But, whet it comes to jewelry , makeup, accessories etc. I always buy them online. They are much cheaper on online stores.