Online or Offline shopping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JaydonTyler • May 28, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that there are pros and cons to both modes of shopping. I, personally, prefer shopping online. I don't have a car, and so being able to shop online is much more convenient for me. But shopping offline gives you the opportunity to see, touch, and feel the quality of the clothing. When it comes to some foods, I feel much better about shopping online.

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online whenever I possibly can, however sometimes I need something urgently, so I am not able to wait for it to be delivered, and where this is the case I will buy it from a physical store instead. I think that the internet gives us a great chance of being able to get what we need at a great price, so there are certainly a lot more bargains to be had now than there might have been in the past.

3. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    It's easier, more convenient, less tiring to shop online. I attended a wedding of a niece and going to the shop for shoes wasn't our option because the wedding was in 3 weeks. So, I was, in the end, very pleased with my purchase of a pair of designer shoes through online. Later, my mother-of-the bride gowns were, sort of, made overseas, and I sent my measurements and choices from a NYC catalogue "online". And they, my designer and owner sister of the shop , actually, personalized my gowns and was very happy.

I find online shopping extremely useful and easy, and time and money-saving. I read lots of reviews before I purchase.

4. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    I do prefer to do my shopping at a physical location, but I will usually "pre-shop" online first. I usually price match before I go out because I'm always looking for the best deal possible, so I will generally buy things online once I get a good look at it in the store. There is not much worse than ordering something and then getting it and seeing it's NOTHING like the picture that was represented.

5. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping online, but sometimes clothes are different sizes at different retailers which means sometimes I do have to exchange things a little more often than when I actually try them on at the stores. However, there are a few retailers that I have shopped online previously that I love and have gotten familiar with how their specific sizes fit me. Those places I almost never have a problem. It seems like more of the foreign-based places I have the most difficult times with because it seems like their sizes run smaller. Has anyone else noticed this, too?

6. RElizabeth

RElizabethNew Member

Threads:
    I like shopping online better since it's more convienent, but I don't like waiting for the shipping (or paying extra for it), so if it's something I need/want right away or it's clothes, I'll get it from the store. I like the idea of "pre-shopping" online first, and then going to buy the item in stores to make sure it's represented correctly. There have been a few times when I've ordered things online that looks nothing like what comes in the mail.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I prefer online shopping as well. You can get almost anything online now a days, recently I have found that I can get my favorite snacks that they do not carry at the stores near me. I usually do most of my online shopping at Amazon I have prime so I normally am able to get my things within two days and now they run on sundays too in my town so I don't have to wait even if it's a sunday.

8. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to switch back and forth pending my interests and experiences with both, and at the current moment I am on a little bit of a strike towards online shopping. Of course I am exaggerating, but I did purchase some clothing online recently that was a disaster. They were way too big, even when it was the same brand and all of that, and it just reminded me that sometimes you need to see and feel the item before buying it.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The problem I have with online shopping is the shipping fees. Unless you are buying a big ticket item where the shipping is free, it is hard to find things that are not cheaper at a physical store. I am really more into the get rid of mode than a buying mode anyway at this point. I have a lot of things..and most of which I find I don't use, so unless it is something really wanted or needed, I will go to a physical store.

10. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I like both, but I think I prefer in-store shopping. With in-store shopping I can see things in person and really decide/know if I'm going to like them. I also love that I can spend a lot of time in one store, but I won't get carried away and buy more than I bargained for. It's also nice to be able to try things on, so that you are able to save money on things that might not fit you in the first place. On the other hand, shopping online is quite wonderful:D I love being able to browse through such a large selection of things, and that I can search up an item I am looking for and have it in front of me so quickly. I find that there seem to be more discounts online, which really come in handy, and I love that I can shop on my own time and not have to make it a huge project to buy a few little things. Unfortunately, shipping can take quite a bit and can also cost a lot, depending on where you are in relation to the warehouse your item is coming from. I also tend to get carried away when I am shopping online, and I am more likely to buy items I wasn't intending to.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    An exception to the online shopping rule would be books. I almost always buy them online, since i have a kindle device. I can't remember the last physical book I bought really, although I might if I got inspired. Being able to get them electronically is just so easy. Unless I get them for free or heavily reduced prices, I get my books online. from a source that delivers ebooks.

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing that I think would be a great boon to online shopping would be some sort of virtual reality experience. I have sometimes purchased items and then been disappointed at how they fit or felt. There are some programs I've seen, but have never tried, where you can enter your measurements, and the program/site will show how the item would look on your body, which seem as if they would be handy. I would absolutely love to be able to use some sort of app or other program to feel how the fabric on a piece of clothing, bedding, etc., feels, because I don't like stiff or scratchy items, and have been disappointed in the past with some online purchases. This would also be good for scents, especially perfume and other body products.

13. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I am a big online shopper, but not really for the convenience. I actually enjoy going to the mall and shopping. But I cannot justify it when I can get the same products for so much cheaper online. I understand that stores have to pay for overhead costs, which lead to increased prices, but at the end of the day, that isn't my problem as the consumer. The cheaper prices make online shopping the better option almost everytime.