Online Personal Trainers?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Denis Hard • Oct 13, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days you can find virtually everything you need online. Just today I ran across an ad posted by a fitness web-site that claims they can help you get in shape in no time:

QUOTE:
    It’s quick, it’s convenient, and it’s way more engaging than outdated exercise videos.

Now, question is, if it's cheaper to have an online trainer rather than get one whom you'll pay per the hour, will the quality of training be different? I mean, an online trainer won't even know how you're progressing with your fitness program. . .

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today, trainers take a weekend course and bam.. they have your health and safety in their hands. Of course, some of them go to university, but they don't learn anything I would find important for my joints they're going to put through hell and all the micro injuries and yikes, I've seen so many heart attacks. It's an unregulated, saturated market.. ANYone can fork over a couple of bucks and get certified to train you. And no.. most aren't nearly qualified unless they have many years experience and even then.. they don't know the science.. which I think they all should. There are some gems out there though, but they are hard to find. And if you see them making people balance on balls, walk away lol.

It would be cheaper to take the trainer course one weekend.. then you could train yourself and even others if you're so inclined.

3. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    It really depends on what type of person you are. You need a personal trainer to be near you and push you to the limit or you can follow some guidelines? If you are strong enough to do it alone the 2nd is of course cheaper...

4. Kwizkey

KwizkeyNew Member

Threads:
    I would never ever use an online trainer, they do not provide the motivation as they aren't there training with you and they have only your word to tell if you are making progress... You'd be better off saving the money for hiring a trainer at a gym or taking the time instead to research what you should do, instead of relying on someone you've never met to tell you what to do. Just my 2 cents but I could never spend money on something like this.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    An online trainer is just as ineffective as a trainer in person ;)

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    idk

I don't know how an online personal trainer can be as good as the real thing. Like you said how will they know the progress? I just don't think it will be as affective but I could be wrong.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the trainer and how well you follow their advice. I am an online personal trainer and I provide proof of qualification to all of my clients. I prefer to work face to face but you can get great results online, so long as the client follows the program.

8. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I think it really depends on what's going to make you a success. It can be difficult for me to get a gym, so I tend to workout at home. However, I can cheat and not workout all the time. If I know I have to turn on skype and workout for that hour, then I'm inclined to do so. A personal trainer can also comment on my form and give me tips on how to improve. I would go for it, if it's of interest to you.

9. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I'm finding it hard to understand how an online personal trainer would be of much use, unless you consider bringing your computer to the gym. I'd have to say it would be better to find a friend, or find some workout videos on youtube. At least by going with a friend, you will have one on one encouragement with someone who can see your progression in person and not virtually.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's simple, an online personal trainer has the knowledge to guide you, knowledge the average person doesn't have. An online trainer can design a personal training program and give nutrition advice. You can use webcam, photos, etc to make it an interactive experience. Going with a friend will not do much to be honest.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really hope this field gets regulated soon.

12. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing about online personal trainers is that they are not there with you physically to keep you going and ensure you're working up to your potential. They can recommend the workouts, meal plans, etc. but will that be enough for you to stay on task of your fitness goals? Online personal trainers could be beneficial, but I wouldn't dare pay for one.