Online Shopping Dicussion

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Saundra Jackson • Jun 2, 2016.

1. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    So I was just wondering: has anyone here ever bought from Chinese sites? What lovely acquisitions did you get? it would be nice to share your experience and knowledge.

I successfully bought some jewelry from Aliexpress.com and phone cases and some clothing via "Geek" app . So far all items are came just as same as shown on the pictures.

I'd love if you share your experiences and maybe someone else find this thread helpful!

2. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I've dealt with Aliexpress before for some Apple compatible usb cables, and they turned out to be of pretty good quality. In my experience the best route to take is pinpoint sellers who ship in a reasonable amount of time, and put an emphasis on customer service, and then stick to shopping from them.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from Deal Extreme -

which I've used for the past 8 years or more without any problems and would highly recommend - if wanting small electronic gadgets, memory cards, cables, flash drives etc at really cheap prices - especially as - not only do they have great prices, quality products and excellent customer service - but free shipping too - the only other Chinese site that I occasionally use and can't fault in any way either is

- which as they now have warehouses in most countries - comes in handy if wanting quicker delivery - than the standard 3 to 4 weeks plus it generally takes for goods to arrive from China

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of any of these sites. Thanks for sharing them. I am going to add them to my list and explore what they have to offer.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I bought some cables from deal extreme before because none of its kind was being sold locally. I admit I was a little worried at first but I did read about many peoples' experiences with the site already at that point so I was somewhat comfortable with the idea by that point. Eventually I did get my order around a month after I placed it. I never bought anything else after that because a lot of the other things I need or want is already available in our local online sites, but now that in reminded of it I think I will browse them again and see if there's anything unique I can find.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought cellphones, earphones, spycams, phone casings, pouches, bags, and mp3 players from Chinese sellers on Ebay and also on certain Chinese websites, and so far the mp3 player was the most crappy one since it lasted for only a few hours since I used it initially. The cellphone that I bought lasted only for 8 months, so those were the crappy items that I have bought so far from China. I think when buying electronics from there, you have to be wary since the phones are refurbished, and they just make it look like it's brand new.

7. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I've bought clothing from quite a few Asian wholesale websites, mainly because I was just curious about their items, and most of their pictures are adorable! Unfortunately, I have not had much luck with any of these sites. The first one I tried was Sammydress.com, which I bought a couple of dresses and necklaces from. The shipping took forever to get to me (I live in the U.S., so the shipping from any Asian country takes ages) and the packaging was kind of crummy. Even the quality of the items was lackluster! I was pretty disappointed. I tried Trendsgal.com next, in which I received two packages. In one I received 3 of 5 of the items I had wanted (I never got the other 2, but I got my money back), which were all in amazing condition and I wear them all the time. i also enjoyed the second package, which contained 3 bathing suits. Not all of them fit me, but the quality wasn't bad. Lastly, I tried Newdress.com, but I was extremely disappointed in my package. None of the shirts I bought fit me, despite me ordering a small, the dress I bought was too sheer, and the bralettes I got were two sizes too big.

Although I did get a couple of great pieces (especially from Trendsgal.com), I don't think I would try my luck at any of these sites again. The pictures are usually deceiving, the shipping is either too expensive/takes over a month, and the customer service is pretty rough.

Wow, that was negative. Lol sorry, just being honest :oops:

8. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Majority of Chinese online shopping sites offer sub-standard products. However, there are those that are legit and sell items that are genuine and of high quality. I’ve been using Light in the Box for some time and so far I never had any issues with the site. My purchases are always delivered on time and the items are really good.

9. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    I've never bought from outside my country products. I always had the idea that they were not legit, or even if they were, the products would be low quality.The only Asian website I've seen, was a Korean clothing shop, and it seemed pretty legit.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought items from Chinese sites though I am familiar with Chinese products which I have often bought online. I bet that these sites are quite huge judging from the potential number of clients likely to visit them. I have heard of people going for business trips to Gouangzhou to sample and buy products and make lucrative business deals there. The only problem with buying Chinese is that you will have to put extra effort to locate genuine online sites which are not clones of the original. But anyhow, Chinese products are cheap.