Online Shops On Instagram

Discussion in Online Shopping started by kitsiks • May 30, 2015.

1. kitsiks

kitsiksNew Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing a lot of niche or local brands setting up shop via Instagram. I wondered if anyone has experienced purchasing an item from shops that transact through the app? I have my apprehensions because unlike bigger sites like Amazon or eBay they don't really have payment options other than direct deposits. The chances of getting scammed might be higher than through other trusted online marketplaces. What do you guys think?

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased from a store or an individual on Instagram. I don't use the app. I think it should be safe but you'll definitely want to double check and make sure youre ordering from a legit business.

3. yvannahgeorgianne

yvannahgeorgianneNew Member

Threads:
    Here in the Philippines, instagram has been a platform for online sellers. I have never tried buying since I am afraid I might be scammed and I'd like to actually see the product before buying it. But since it's been a growing trend, I see my friends selling their pre-loved items here as well. I can only say this for myself, I don't know the case for other countries, but I believe it's possible to buy here and get a great deal. You just have to make sure that it is a legit seller and not just some scammer.

4. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Well I dont think they're exactly buying from Instagram. They just order something and probably get a PayPal invoice through the email. PayPal is pretty secure. At least, that's how it's done with local stores online around here.