Online Store Nearest You

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Alexandoy • Mar 23, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In this age of e-commerce, I’m still apprehensive in purchasing goods online for fear of failed delivery, defective product or even a scamming online store. But my wife had a good experience when she ordered customized dog hats for the birthday celebration of our dog. The store owner was the one who delivered the goods because their store happened to be in a nearby town. Isn’t it assuring? Their store specializes in pet products so that’s where my wife buys when she needs pet accessories. When buying online, it is a good habit to check the location of the store and buy from the store nearest your place.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This has never really occurred to me. It is a good idea in actual fact. However, where would I look for say Snapdeal or Amazon stores in my country?

Do they even have a physical store? There is possible to have Samsung showrooms and a website where your point can be valid but I believe not every online store has a physical presence. Or may be I am wrong and need to be corrected.

3. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a good thing. This will facilitate speedy and prompt delivery. We have an online shopping site called Flipkart which is located in our country and it offers very good deals on products. A few days back I bought a new Samsung Galaxy On5 which is more than 10% cheaper than the original price. When I compared it with other online sites it was much cheaper too.

In fact nowadays almost all shopping sites are setting their own local stores allover the world. We have stores of Amazon in our country and it really improved their customer care and speed of service. So I think it really matters.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the e-sellers keep a warehouse in the big cities, and we being in one, are near to many of them. Apart from a quicker delivery, I do not find any other advantage of being closer.
    Moreover, online stores sometime procure things from other vendors. So, even if their actual office is nearer, the product might be coming from a distant place.

5. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy This is a good idea to look for an online store that is close to your home. But it can be difficult sometimes to tell exactly where they are. They don't always put the area, or if they do, I find that they just put the city. In future, though, I will look out for the locality and I will probably find one nearer to me.

#5Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy You are definite correct with your observations. I have read the from the online news about that disadvantages of buying online. To name a few, the wrong items or products purchased have been sent; the wrong size of pair of shoes or garments have been dispatched.

All those things are common problems met by those online buyers/shoppers. They take a hard time to follow those up. They will only be compelled to accept the products for they would be spending much if they return their purchases.

#6Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it really is a good thing. I used to purchase items online, some from online stores and some from sellers whom I just met through Social Media. There are also online shops on Facebook which are mostly near our area so I also check their location before buying so I know where they are coming from :)

8. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I guess there are advantages and disadvantages for buying things online. I suppose it is also very much depending on the store owner. I do not really check if the location of the online store is near to my place, but always check for the reputation and customer service of the store. As long as the service is good, I do not mind if the store is far from my place. Of course, if it's near, we can always drive to the store if anything goes wrong. But usually when the store is far, then only I consider buying the products online. Otherwise, I might just go to the physical store.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The location means quicker delivery. In fact, on eBay, I have often gotten things way quicker than what was predicted on the website. In fact, I've even gotten items shipped all the way from Pennsylvania in a few days, and things from nearby towns in the same time period or maybe even less. However, though, of course, things from faraway parts of the US or in other nations would take more time - even if the price plus shipping was very low. Note, I am assuming you're not asking for expedited shipping.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If you buy items domestic, you will usually get the item the next day or 2 after you paid for it, so I don't really pay attention to where their physical store is located, because I still get the items soon enough. For purchases abroad, then of course we need to wait for around 2 to 4 weeks before the items arrive, especially if the shipping is free.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had all my life very good buying and shipping to my home here in Hawaii, so it's just that you got to check if it's cheaper to buy online rather than in store with free shipping is the best way to save money. I buy from Office Depot online via ebates.com because I can get money from shopping via ebates.com and have store pick-up. Office Depot is just 10-15 minutes by bus so it's very near by. I do that for Sears which is a bit farther, but store pick-up is so convenient with online buying on their site again with ebates.com for I get money for shopping via ebates.com. Only one time did my order hadn't come from a candy store in New York. I bought the same candy from Walmart and it arrived perfectly with a very good price. I found the site which was cheaper to by directly so I bought candy again, sugar free candies are so expensive locally, but baysidecandy.com is cheaper with free shipping even to Hawaii! It never arrived. I love Whoppers, but it has too much sugar, so when I found the sugar free chocolate and reduced sugar for malted balls with shipment from Walmart and it arrived I was so happy with my order. Too bad direct buying from the company 2x was stolen and I didn't get my order and got my refund from the company.