Online thrift stores

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Jun 7, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone buy clothes and stuff from online thrift stores? How has your experience been? where do you shop usually?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of an online thrift store... are they trustworthy? The thing about a brick and mortar thrift store is that you can look at the product and assess the exact level of damage (if there is any).

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't think that there are any online thrift stores for clothes, most of them can be found offline only. But most Chinese stores online that sell clothes are like thrift stores already, because they sell their items at a very cheap price.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Online thrift stores have very great deal with the prices of their items but they're totally ripping people off when it comes to shipping and delivery. I'd really just rather go to a store near me to shop for clothes.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of an online thrift store. I can't imagine shopping through one as there are so many I can go to in person. Also, the clothes and other items are so cheap at some stores it seems it would be better to shop in person on the sale days when you can see and touch the clothing in person and assess the condition of it. I do remember passing one of the local stores recently and seeing a sign in the window that seemed to suggest they were selling online.

6. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of an online thrift shop... but wouldn't that basically be what e-bay and such is? I mean, that's where you go to buy used the things and the like.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I just heard from my friend that she bought some clothes from an online thrift store. I was wondering if anyone here actually did. Looks like not many have heard about it.. My friends said that she got some lovely stuff at throw away prices. I personally would go to a brick and mortar shop just to make sure what I am really buying.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I've never heard of an online thrift store like commercial chains, but I love shopping at thrift stores because you can find so many great deals. The down side of course to shopping with an online thrift store is that you can't try the clothes on and personally I have found that I need to do that because often times things have not fit correctly when I didn't try them on first. I wonder if by online thrift store you mean like people selling their second hand items on sites like Ebay or an actual thrift store?

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I mean online thrift store.. like Good Will Online -

, there are some where you can buy and sell like

. There is another one that I have heard of

.. I have never had any experience with buying from these places and that is the purpose of my question. I wonder if anyone here has shopped at these places.

10. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I have thought of buying things off of an online thrift store before but the prices seem much higher then any thrift store that I have been to here. I also like going to thrift stores in person better because they have half off days which I always take advantage of. If I am going to buy something online that is used it would have to be a really good quality brand otherwise it does not seem worth it.