Online Vs. In-store

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Joeka24 • Oct 7, 2015.

?

How do you prefer to shop?

1. Online

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. In-Store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joeka24

Joeka24New Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone I have a question for you about your preference in shopping: online, or in-store?

When shopping online it's a lot easier to find the things you need at great deals. You can sit down/relax type a few words and make a few clicks. While if you're in the store you have to be walking up and down from store to store to get what you need and then you have to walk around with all the stuff afterwards. But of course we know the advantages of in-store shopping:
    You can actually try on clothes/shoes/jewelry before you buy it to see how it feels on you, test out certain products, and you can even get samples if you're buying food.
    Have real human interactions, maybe even meet a new friend. ;)

I personally prefer to shop online however. It's a lot more convenient for me who work online mostly and don't usually have much physical cash. Plus I just love the feeling of getting a package in the mail. Sometimes something you even forgot you ordered. Everyday is a surprise you know!

I want to hear what you think though.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping, regardless of whether it's online or in a bricks and mortar store. It mainly depends on availability, price and my mood at the time. I don't think I can choose between the two, as each serves a different purpose :)

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Its a mixture of the two for me and although my preference possibly leans slightly more towards online shopping - as I love the convenience and especially the fact - that I'm able to shop at any time of the day or night that I want to - as well as - because I live a considerable distance from any stores - it being significantly cheaper too - particularly as the savings on fuel and parking generally amount to far more - than the shipping costs.

I do also enjoy shopping in brick and mortar stores - in fact I actually prefer them for groceries or anything I'm wanting to purchase that I want to check the quality or fit of - as of course - like you mentioned - they still have the advantage that online stores don't - in that - you get the opportunity to touch, feel, inspect or try on before you part with your money.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what I'm buying whether I shop online or not. Electronics and video games I usually buy online. Clothes and anything edible is always best to go to the store in my opinion.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I much prefer shopping online. I can't stand being approached by salespeople. I know it's their job, but if I needed help, I'm capable of asking for it. I don't enjoy feeling pressured and if I feel sold to, I'll leave without spending anything. Food is another story.. I will never shop online for it, since people don't generally choose food the same way I would and when I left it up to somone once before, the food I received was less than quality.

I too enjoy getting parcels in the mail :)

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will definitely prefer buying in the store if I intend to buy things that should be fitted like clothes and shoes to be safe since I brought some clothes online and they didn't fit me at all. I do like to buy online too, but I think it's suitable for items that don't require fitting and for small purchases like books and some electronic items.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online, but I hate free shipping minimums. I would rather pay a shipping fee of $6 or less instead of being enticed to keep buying to hit a minimum. Not cool in my book. I also like to try on clothes instead of buying them online and risking them not fitting.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Being old fashioned, I still prefer the traditional in-store shopping where I can see and feel the condition of the goods. Shopping that way also serves as my exercise particularly in the mall where I can roam around. Online shopping is a breeze since you are in the home and your order will be delivered to you. I sometimes do that but the experience is not that good compared with the traditional shopping way.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like shopping online for it's so easy and simple. Super convenient to shop online. You can get furniture with free shipping from Walmart! I get herbs to shoes online. Food though is in-store only. It is heavy when you bus it, so I got a trolley dolly to help me. :D

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some things which I'll buy only online because I'll find better deals on the net but there are things which I never can buy on the net because shipping fees would cancel out any savings I might make.

While I'd prefer the convenience of shopping online and having what I buy delivered at my doorstep it isn't an option for me.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like both. Shopping online is convenient and fun but whenever I'm shopping for a lot of things I have to keep answering the door for deliveries, and if the dates of delivery are spread apart I have to anticipate and fix my schedule too much, which is why if I'm buying a lot I prefer to just get them all at once at a physical store. Also, if I'm buying from a store that allows bargaining, I get much better prices buying in person especially when I buy multiple items in the same store.

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I spend far too much money when I'm shopping online, because it is a lot easier than going in store, and it just feels as though you're not spending as much money - because you don't have to actually physically part with any notes when you're making your purchase. Also, you usually have to pay for delivery as well, which adds a little bit onto your total. So I know that I need to be very careful when I am spending money online, because it means that I won't be wasting any more than I actually need to spend.