Online Work is not easy

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lady350 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even really choose the work that most interests me. I choose the work that pays the most recent, for the time that you are expected to put in, along with the effort, This is why I love usability testing. Always pays exceptionally well, and each task is different. Usually fun. But even if they weren't, how could one turn down ten to fifteen dollars for twenty minutes of work?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to disagree with this statement. Sure, investing money is one way to earn money back online if you do it correctly. But it certainly is not the only way to earn online. People can earn very well not having invested a dime. But you will always have to invest time.

3. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    I just want to make a few quick points.

1. If you intend making money online it is very possible, if you are willing to work hard and have patience. It takes at least six months to build up a suitable, sustainable online presence and network of clients.

2. Working from home is still work, the fact that you do not drive to your office should not make a difference. I do most of my online work in my home office. It helps me focus and keeps me working for longer. Treat your online work as work.

3. Passive income is always a good way to make money. Start a blog or at least a profile web page on a free site builder like wix.com. Post your work success on there and samples of the type of work you do. Treat it like your online CV. You will be able to eventually monetize with ads.

4. Do your due diligence before starting to work for a company or site. There are a lot of frauds out there, so take a few minutes and type the site or company's name into google and see what other people are saying about them.

These are just a few things I do and I hope this was of some help.

4. MVLaHearse

MVLaHearseNew Member

Threads:
    I agree it can be discouraging to put in a ton of work for little pay. Micro jobs are good for some extra cash but if you want to work from home and make more money I found some good gigs at Rat Race Rebellion and wahmoms.com. Survey jobs are pretty easy and can build up some cash quickly but you have to qualify and not all surveys will be available or you may not fit the demographics they are looking for. I write reviews and click bait along with jobs placed by people just needing an article written or proofreading. I don't make a ton of money but it's about what I made when I worked as a bartender at a midrange hole in the wall.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, it really isnt easy.They advertise the tasks as very easy to gain a sizeable amount of rewards by obtaining referrals and doing other activities. However, in many instances it proves very difficult to earn the referrals and the tasks are found to be tedious, time consuming, and very slow in allowing any meaningful rewards which proves to be a contrast to what was promised in the advertisment. Therefore, many persons seem to quit the the process soon after joining.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been trying to make money online since 2010. I have written articles for websites, social bloggin sites. I have also worked as a ghost writer for the clients that I found via freelancer sites. I have also worked on PTC and GPT sites. I have posted on paid forums. I have even invested in income generating programs. However, even after 6 years, I don't earn big. I am able to meet by basic needs, but not for extra luxury.

7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I too have been trying for a long time to earn money online. But have not yet succeeded. It is not a few months now that I have started writing online. At present I earn around $0.50 per day. This is not much but at least I am getting something. I would really like to do something where I can make a few dollars a day at least.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not in click job so I have no experience of that but I love participating in forums, write for couple of websites mostly on management and health related topics which return good results. Finally, I am busy filling surveys which is one of my main source of income against the general belief that survey sites are boring and most people do not qualify for them.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have given up on PTC sites myself but now I'm dedicating my free time on doing what I like to do to earn some extra cash. I like forum posting so that is what I do I don't only earn but I have a great time aswell. I also use app trailers when I don't have time to be sitting in front of my phone all the time.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been in ClixSense, I just visit it casually for I have other things to do. But I do still earn on that site. It is a PTC site. Though it is too boring if I visit it everyday. So what I did when I have time at time I go to that site and do the clicking of ads displayed on my dashboard. It is too boring though it is a bit easy.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The pay for most online jobs are no way commensurate to the time and efforts put in. The good thing about working online is you can do it from anywhere and at any comfortable time. A lot of time is spent earning cents, it's like a cheap source for cheap labour.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    There's no work that is easy. The reason why people are working is of course to earn money. You cannot earn money if you don't work, and working requires that you exert effort and time. The only problem with online jobs are, they eat a lot of your time (at first), but if you persevere and follow the guidelines you can definitely earn more than what you are getting right now. The key her is not giving up easily. Let me share you my favorite quote:
    "Winners Are Not Those Who Never Fail, But Those Who Never Quit".

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course, actually the people working on internet were under the impression that it will make them rich overnight but the fact is that internet takes its full toll before it pays you something. However, once you know tricks of the trade and selected the right websites/niche your chances of succeeding get better.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed, no job is easy whether through online or offline. The fact is working online requires a lot of patience, at the beginning you are most likely going to be putting in more hours and earning little that is small enough to discourage online work. With more time and experiences you'll begin to formulate or see ways to maximise your time and earn significantly.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The fact is the reason for the emphasis online job is not easy is simply because most jobs online pay too small for the efforts put in. The exact job you do online if you were to do it offline in the real world you are sure going to earn far more. It's like some employers take advantage of the desperation of others to bring poor pay tasks online. I'm sure this trend will gradually change.

16. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Getting discouraged will not help, instead, look for other jobs you can focus on like writing articles or doing trancription jobs. Freelancer.com has a lot of employers, try signing up and you might find someone who can give you tasks to work on.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Excuse me but I have never done any click job because I am not sure I would be able to do it more than 3 days in a row. I am happy with my 10+ survey sites and 4-5 writing sites besides my new association of forum sites which are enough to provide enough money and keeping me busy for enough time.

18. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree, me and my wife earn online without investing anything aside from our time, a laptop, monthly internet connectkon bill and monthly electric bill, which are being used even if we won't work. These stuff exist in our home way before we even worked online. It is just a matter of looking for the right opportunities, grab them, then work your ass out.

I can't even last an hour to do Click jobs. Just seeing how slow you earn the money makes it more unbearable. Hope to get as much project as you have though. Lucky you.

It really is not an easy job, but working really hard for 5 dollars depends on what you do online. Try signing up on upwork or freelancer.com, take a look at employers who ask people to get some jobs done. A lot of employers look out for writers, making a 1500 word article might earn you 15 to 30 dollars.

#218Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that online work does not make you rich overnight but I can assure you that if you know the right ropes you can earn as much as you earn offline. However the problem with most of us that we have not enough patience because like any other business online reputation is built up over the period and with right kind of work. You should know what is your proper niche and which sites work best for you.

20. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree with you! I have been trying to do online work for years now and only recently have I started making some decent amounts really and even these are not pay that someone can live on. It's good that I'm doing these online jobs as a little extra income on the side otherwise I would be in a lot of trouble. I think the main reason it's so difficult to find good paying jobs online is due to how many people are available for the job.