Online Work is not easy

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lady350 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Great to hear you've found one. Mind sharing what this job is?

I've been working online full-time for three years now and it has been a crazy ride. I enjoy it a lot but sometimes I wonder why I've chosen to do this whole internet marketing thing when I could just be sitting in an office chair waiting for orders. Every single time, though, I tell myself that I've made the right decision. I'm no where near where I want to be in my chosen career, but I make sure that every day I get closer to my goal.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have actually come to the conclusion that to make decent or excess money online, you either need to be running your own business or some sort as scam that masquerades as your own business. I have found that with everything else, you need to combine a number of jobs, and spend an unhealthy and impossible amount of time working on all of them to build money up. Way more time than a person with an offline job would need to make just half of what an online worker would make in the same time. I find that none of these jobs pay quite enough alone. They have to be combined.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's a good way to motivate yourself to do what you want. You have some freedom and it gives you some breathing space. Running your own business is the best thing if you need control, and you can do it part time, but online working has its own pressures. The thing is to find balance still, which is why people choose to work online or it's the only option that's convenient.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't feel like it gives people all that much breathing space. Maybe a few, but the average person does not know how to make a decent living from the internet, so whilst you are at home, working from home, you are perhaps stressing trying to figure out where the rest of the money to pay the bills is supposed to come from. Because it sure as hell doesn't come from online work. Personally, I work online because I cannot stand people most of the time lol. I get to do what I want. But when I move out, I am going to have to find an offline job, which sucks.

5. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    PTC websites will never really feel rewarding regardless of how much you work there. Even the referral systems take a good knowledge and a lot of work to pay well.

The issue with working online is that people tend to go for easy jobs. And I don't mean easy as in simple to complete, but easy as in accessible without much effort.

When I started years ago, I also tried these PTC offers and dropped them without two days. Then I joined a freelancing website, and even then it was not easy. It took me over a week to net my first job, and the pay was meager ($50 for like 10 hours of work).

Now I have a decent regular income, and I can say that I am glad I kept trying. There are a lot of opportunities out there, you just need to start slow and keep your expectations down. Succeeding online just requires you to build yourself a reputation first.

6. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Working is never easy and it always takes a lot of patience. I feel you though. There are jobs where you feel like you're working really hard and nothing to show for it. It's funny how life works out that way sometimes and you're left feeling unfulfilled. I think that is why I've been so particular in the kind of jobs I apply for. Many people tell me I need to go into retail to gain more work experience, but to be honest my heart just isn't in retail or customer service. I'm more of a behind the scenes kind of person. Maybe a manufacturing job will work. Still, in the end you have to find the job that works for you and you feel good about at the end of the day. All the best!

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I feel like the issue with PTC is that you invest and you never know which PTC is going to scam next??? Neobux is the longest running one so far, and the most legit one that I know of. They pay me every time I request it, but earning is really really slow. I was silly enough to invest in the wrong PTC website and that site stopped paying, and is sort of in limbo currently. I had learned how the referral system worked, and I had a LOT of money on there with more coming. I had to kiss it all goodbye, as well as the security of knowing that I had another online money making opportunity.

My expectations were pretty low to begin with. But they are even lower now that I have actually experienced making money online.

8. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Online work is all about finding the right job for the right money that you can do without spending a lot of time on. If you can make anywhere from 200-500 a month online and spend no more than 3 hours a day working them, then are doing very well. If you find yourself working for countless hours just to make 15-30 a week, then you are better off getting a real job and stop wasting your time. I here people are making anywhere from $10 to $100 a day working for Amazon Mturk. I have an account, but don't have enough time to sit and navigate through the work. I did however make $15 in one day with about 1:15 minutes of work. Working online and being successful requires strategy, patience, and methodical time management.

9. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I have worked on Clickworker, and other nonsense Microworker sites. Currently, I've switched to Amazon Mturks. I have made over $50.00 this week alone. I completed a lot of surveys. Also, I have completed a great deal of transcription jobs. Now, I have transffered over $27.00 to my bank. I am just waiting for the rest to become available.

It was from Amazon that I discovered SpeechInk which is actually Speechpad, CastingWords, and others. I only became successful for those transcription jobs because I tried my best to follow the guidelines for each company.

Other than those microjobs, I also still add to my Blogging account. I try posting everyday. I try, try, and try again to post at least 25 to 30 points worth every day. I would not pretend to tell anyone that I post 100 points daily. I would rather use that time to transcribe some audio transcript.

10. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    DreekLass wrote, "Personally, I work online because I cannot stand people most of the time lol" Just four years ago I would have disagreed. However, I feel the same way.

I have gone to RealWaysToMakeMoneyOnLine. com, and WorkersOnBoard.com, WAHA.com, WalletBoosters.com, and WAHAdventures.com to find all types of online jobs. I currently have two online jobs that pay the bills. However, this is the first free evenings I've had in a while.

11. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree with you more on this one my dear friend @sidney, Microworkers is a waste of time, and so too are every PTC websites, you will see a year pass before you even eventually cash out. Good review! I wish I could have given you two likes, It seems to me that Clixsense makes no sense. Fiverr? hmmm, I think I quit that one too because it was just too competitive, and I couldn't get any jobs, I like writing articles and stuff like that for money.

12. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use to do PTC sites but I stopped because I felt like it was a waste of time. The only one that I do now is Amazon MTurks. It's a really easy way to get some Amazon money. There are lots of task and it adds up fast depending on which ones that you do.

13. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon MTurks does not make sense, in the description, it allows for international workers to work, however, it only issues payments to US citizens through this smart idea called "Amazon Payments", has any international worker had this problem so far? I might as well just close my laptop and go to sleep and forget about micro internet online jobs.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. Why do you feel that way now? It isn't a good thing, and I would hope that other people wouldn't feel the same as me. But I definitely understand where you are coming from when you say it.

I have cashed out with PTC websites before. In fact I have cashed out with Paid To Click websites numerous times. The amounts were between twenty to thirty dollars at a time, but you spend so much time and money putting back into the scheme - or should I say scam - that you end up making next to no money for the time that you spend working there.

15. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Nimble Knuckle wrote, "I like writing articles and stuff like that for money." I enjoy writing also. Here are a few steps I took to get writing gigs. I searched on Google.com, and Bing.com "paid to write", "paid for posting on blogs", "get paid for writing on line." Goodness, I was overwhelmed with choices. Yet, here are some items I found: Makealivingwriting.com, revenue sharing sites on Wahadventures.com, writing gigs and information on Workersonboard.com, Realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com, and Wahm.com and don't forget Walletboosters.com which will give you links to writing websites. All of those suggestions found on those sites will pay. I have followed those suggestions, and have made enough Lipstick money to remain content.

16. ChrisW

ChrisWNew Member

Threads:
    I think success in this arena is definitely relative. If you are looking for something you can do online today to pay the bills, because you just got laid off, that will be really tough.

However, if you want to get started making money online, and are willing to start small and try to scale up to real money in the long run, then you have plenty of options. A couple of people have mentioned Fiverr. I have some gigs up on Fiverr that get some decent traffic. I am definitely not replacing income there, but I made $50 last month and expect I will again this month.

If you like to write, and you live in the US, you should have an account on textbroker. My only problem with them is I was too lazy with the first couple of articles I wrote, and so I am just rated a 3 there. If you are rated a 4, there are way more articles available for you. Until I get promoted from a 3, most of the time I go to check on them, they don't have many articles for me to choose from. But if there is something you want to try, you claim it, and have 24 hours to complete it or turn it back in and let someone else try. This is an easy way to make $10 an hour if you can write articles they will grade a 4 out of 5 and write them fairly quickly.

I have not tried Amazon Mechanical Turk yet, but I am going to look into it. If you have tried it and struggled, I suggest you go to Reddit. (If you are not familiar with Reddit.com, then drop what you are doing and go there now!) There is a subredit called mturk which is full of really great advice on how to get the most out of mechanical turk. I am going to give it a try this week.

17. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Sites that say you can make a lot of money doing this or get rich doing that are a waste of time because they are pretty much bogus. However if you are looking for something to help you get a little pocket change to play with, then working on those type of sites can be helpful. The trick is to find one that gives you the most in the least amount of time. I stay away from PTC's because it can take days just to make a buck or two. Paid to Blog or Paid to Test seems to pay more with less work. Plus they can be fun.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that the trick is to find a variety of different websites that pay decent, and in the least amount of time. Also, the cashout waiting time shouldn't be too long either. Nothing worse than having earned money, needing it, and having to wait until a certain point to cashout. I have tried the blogging thing and was bored out of my mind. What is this paid to test thing? Can you do it on your computer, or Android tablet or something? Or do you have to go out and test products??

19. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Money Making Apps?

What about apps?

On lots of blogs..

There are apps that are designed and presented as a tool to make money online and on the go. I read up on a couple with interesting results and positive reviews:

- Loot-app people complete simple tasks, like posting a shoutout on their social media account for $0.15. It's got a

and it works by connecting customers with their favorite brands.
    - zoozz gets people completing their tasks for extra cash. It has got a step-by-step instruction on how to complete the task in store, and

can be used with Apple, Microsoft and Android.
    - Picjerry to earn money by

. The reviews have been really good and I think it really helps social media marketer to have wonderful images available for purchase.

If you don't mind doing the tedious updating of apps and making an effort to complete specific tasks at the stores, then money making apps is definitely something worth considering.

#39Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  20. NatetheGrate

NatetheGrateNew Member

Threads:
    Most of the posters here have the right idea. Making money online is a slow and tedious process, even when you have a particular skill. Obviously, working online is easy compared to having to commute to an actual job, but it's very hard to make decent money. If a couple of dollars is enough for you, it's fine.