Online Work is not easy

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lady350 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To the poster above the one above me, I have come to hate anything GPT. It is always so slow and takes ages to cashout. If you are really unlucky then you won't get many tasks, either, ensuring that your money builds up even slower. It is true pocket money.

A couple of collard isn't enough for me, but I would say that it is better than actually having to go out to work. At least working online I can make my own rules in my day to day life as to how I want to spend my time. I would hate actually having to commute and go to a job that was offline.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Of course not - like anything it requires a person to hustle. If you're going to make it then you need at least three things you can stick to: be it surveys, something like Fiverr, or something like content writing. You also need something you can do when those things aren't jumping - I personally have something like 50 different websites I frequent to make cash, but I still make a point of working part-time. So yeah.

3. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Here is a link to a site about user testing.

There are also companies that will send you their products and pay you to test and write a review on the product.

4. nicolethompson

nicolethompsonNew Member

Threads:
    I have recently learned that you can work from home doing an actual job with certain hours and a decent pay. Then there is also ways such as online surveys,youtube, ebay etc that you can use to make money. So, I guess making money online can be customized by you in accordance to your lifestyle.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    I hate the stress of having to hustle. I'm not a hustler. I can be, but I don't want to have to be. Unfortunately in this world, you aren't given much of an option, especially if you want to follow your own path. You have 50 websites that you use to make money? Would you mind giving me the names of those websites via a PM or something?? I am currently using one website for my online bread and butter, and another one that takes entirely too long to build up money, but the money comes in handy when I do reach cashout, if that makes any sense. Plus it is not time consuming.

6. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Lucky you, Allison. I haven't been too lucky with the microworker site. I only recently gotten the correct how-to guide to Amazon affiliate programs, because I thought it would be a lot more fruitful if I got into the business of selling and reviewing products. I wasn't granted approval to work on the Amazon Mturks. I don't know what the reason was. The on-boarding process of some of the microjob sites are pretty impossible.

7. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    You have to be patient and passionate about your work. Any work is hard but it will become easy if you are passionate about it, continuously improve your skills and most of all enjoy it. This whether you are doing work offline and online. I like this thread because there are so many people sharing their money making sites and some tips!

8. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    The one issue that infuriates me about Amazon's Mturk is how long it takes for those Approvals to turn into Earnings Available for Transfer. I have recently completed nearly 480 HITS since late October. Every single one was approved. Not one has been rejected. However, I am still waiting for those merchants or creator of those HITS to release their funds. I have noticed University of Michigan pays quickly. Those from Singapore, and Korea pay somewhat in a timely manner. Those from Eastern Europe are extra extra slow. In fact they are too slow!

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    What if you are not passionate about anything?? I would say that I am a passionate person to some degree. But my problem is that I get bored so so so so quickly. I love to read, and I love to write. But I like to do both in my own time, and I am not always in the mood for doing those things, as well as making music. Doing those things for work purposes kind of takes the fun and passion out of it. Knowing that I have to do certain tasks for my survival kind of kills my passion for said task.

10. hanseung

hanseungNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I know that working online isn't a very realistic way for me to make a great amount of money, although I wish it was. However, I'm currently in the long process of finding someone to hire me for a job in the real world, and that isn't going as well as expected. So, I've turned to trying to make some cash online while I wait. I only do work on these whenever I have some spare time or I simply feel like it, and it seems like it's going alright with these kind of circumstances. I am trying to find some better places to make money, though; it's really hard to do that. I hope that online jobs become more popular in the future, so that all of us who are lazy or can't leave the house have better work opportunities.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I work online religiously. I wake up every morning, get it done, and then go on about the rest of my day. And I can say that even doing it every day, I earn little to nothing. So just doing it when I feel like it isn't an option to me. I have to do it, like a real job unfortunately. But the benefits far outweigh the aspects of having an offline job, except for the whole earning peanuts thing for twice the amount of work that you put into an online job. Working online has been an option for years now; I can slowly see things coming along. I mean, there used to be a time where most of the 'opportunities,' were scams. Now, you can actually make money and get paid the same day.

12. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    Think of it this way. Is it easy work? Then there are probably millions of other people like you who are wanting in on it. Is it complicated, or does it require skills or expertise that you don't have? That rules out a lot of what you can do online (writing, tutoring). So what you really have to do is find something that you are particularly good at, and find a way to market those skills online. Blogging and youtube videos are where a lot of people are making their money online. It requires a lot more work than you think though. You really have to make sure you have good content, and that everything looks good. Whatever you are trying to do, just remember that you are competing with millions of other people out there, so you have to find a way to make yourself stand out from the crowd.

13. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Over the past three months, I've been taking the time out to examine the online job market and it is nothing short of foolishness, my humble opinion is that online workers need to boycott all online activity, in there respective avenues, for an entire week- right across the world, like a strike, in an effort to bring awareness to the fact that, just like a 9-5, physical work, online jobs do have a lot of people in them, does that means that because online work will be more readily available than in the "real world" and quick to get into,that, we must be paid meagerly, um, hello! we are doing something that a lot of other persons wouldn't even care to do, we should be able to at least pay a bill from online work, mark you, I'm speaking form the perspective of a national outside the US, 'cause why is it that all the jobs seem to be "stuck" in the US? I hope another recession happens...and so all you "real world workers" will feel again, how it feel to work online to tu-pence, makes sense online peeps?

14. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I tried this once. You have to pass the screening process and I did once. However, halfway through the review of the website my computer froze up and there was no way to get back into the program. My computer rarely freezes up so it really pissed me off. It was going to pay $15. I could've used that money. So I haven't done it in a while.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    The problem with me is that I don't want a job that requires a lot of stress. I stress myself out on a daily basis, over nothing, enough as it is. I don't need more stress in my life, like deadlines or pressure for something to be perfect or a certain way. What I am currently doing for online work offers a lot of flexibility and freedoms and the chance of getting bored is very slim. I don't want my job to become a job. It's trapping enough knowing that you HAVE to do something in order to survive, much less having that thing be tedious.

16. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tough? Try impossible at least if you're me. Anyway yeah I know but it really sucks because I don't see how I'll ever get a job. There are too many of these extra money sites and not enough of those that would give you a stable income.

17. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    When I was first starting-out "working online," I'd ask about the best way to make money and the simple response was, "Then go get a job!" That was a few years ago, but they meant (or maybe even 'said') "-offline." Because the fairest online 'job' I could get was 'when I was earning by traffic-volume' (which came to something like a
    -fraction-of-a-cent per visitor ... with lots of people doing better because they spent all day writing).

They probably won't pay you any per-hour wages online, mustly because How do they know you're really working all the hours you spend logged-in? All they know is that 'your machine is running'! I used to have a program I could let run on my computer for hours-at-a-time earning me a 'credit' every ten minutes (as long as I was there at the end of the session to see the last-advertised site)!

And there ARE some pay-per-post/article programs, but you need to produce proficiently for those (because you're cheating the payers if you submit posts that are too-short, and there's usually no "contract" that'll keep the admin from kicking you off the program).

So it really is best if you can handle an offline 40-hour work-week (that they call a '9-to-5,' but that's too "slave-camp" a restriction for Gen X'ers & Millenials etc.), and use the extra savings you make (from 'living on Ramen noodles' until you hit it big) to invest in some 'online publishing.'

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    It really shouldn't matter how many hours they can prove that you are putting in. As long as the work that they need.want done gets done then there should be a decent fixed rate. There are jobs that mimic online work in businesses offline, and the person in the offline business - although doing the same job as the person who works online - will get paid a decent wage to where they can pay actual bills. With online work, the only bill that you are able to pay is - well I don't think that there are any. It takes too log to build the money up, and some websites actually have you wait a certain amount of weeks before you'll actually get your money.

19. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    And what are the employers taking from the online workers? ONLY THE END-RESULTS OF THE LABOR. The offline employers are taking both-the end result AND -the formerly 'free' time of the employees. The employees can't choose to 'do the work whenever they get `round to it'; they have to do it within the time-frame they are getting paid-for. & they can't wear 'whatever they feel like wearing'; even on "Casual" days, there is a 'dress-code' (even if it's as simple as 'no nipples or genitalia'; a shackle is a shackle).

And have you ever 'signed a contract' online (outside of the TOC & Privacy Notice etc. that everyone 'claims' they rehd & agree-to, but which most people just 'check the box' for ... MAYBE after scrolling through the legal text)? A 'contract' is an agreement that basically says 'you do Quid, we repay you in Quo.' You sign one such with every employer who hires you. (Most online-'contracts' are more like, "You bring up the hit-count for the site you write on (or bring OUR site's hit-count up by linking to us with THIS code), and we might pay you ... if we feel like it.")

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:

Well that's the problem. I can't find a job period that I'd be okay doing. I am working with a counselor but I have to do a lot of work on my resume before I can even apply to the print stores. What happens if someone snatches those up before I am finished?