Online Work is not easy

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lady350 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that most of the online money making opportunities that are most well known today, are all beer money concepts and ideas. But if you care to look, the landscape of making money online is changing, and it is becoming more and more common that the average Joe can make some money that goes a bit beyond simple beer money, and you don't have to be a web developer.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Online work really is work. I treat it more like just extra fun money rather than actual income. When you start to think of it as not actual income, but extra money it is fun to work and it feels a little more rewarding in the end.

3. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    When talking about online work we should start with freelancing, this is the only work online work that could ever pay your bills. For instance I know a few people who works as designers, they are not very skilled, yet they make from ten to twenty hundred of dollars a month. Jobs like microworkers are good for some extra pocket change, but if someone really needs money and wants to make them on the internet, he or she should look into the possibility of becoming a freelancer.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    There are actually a lot of things out there online that you can do in order to make money, however that's not to say that it is easy, and there are many websites that turn out to be scams. Unfortunately you can often only learn this the hard way, meaning that if you sign up to a company that you know nothing about, you always run that risk of losing money. You should make sure that you do plenty of research in advance, and try to look for payment proofs, and by doing this you should find that you are able to sign up for things that are relatively safe and worthwhile for you.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    I like that you have been able to turn it into less of a chore by venturing to think of it this way, but I unfortunately cannot think of my online work this way. I have my fingers in many pies, and some companies are less efficient than others, so I have to keep on other companies for payments that are due, or I have to keep emailing certain companies to get them to return my points, and it is very stressful. Luckily I am earning some nice money.

6. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    You seem to have made the assumption that online work is solely about get-paid-to-click schemes. This is not the case. If you really want to earn a good amount of money online, you need to focus your attention on long-term methods like content writing, blogging, or affiliate marketing. Of course, it will take time but if you are persistent, you will get to the level you want yourself to be.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree that one must focus their attention on setting something up online that will be sustainable. Things like paid to click websites are always going to be at risk of turning into a scam, no matter how popular they become. That happened with Probux, whch ended up scamming its members out of millions of dollars. And that was quite a well trusted website until the end. The only PTC site that I trust somewhat is Neobux, but I would never invest any money. Blogging is one of the best ways, but it takes a lot of time to build up.

8. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    I've done a lot of these online "work" outlets such as swagbucks, inboxdollars, mylot, fiverr, and postloop. These outlets aren't supposed to pay the bills, but they're more for having fun doing what you already do anyways. Like surf the web, play games, and blog. You can't get discouraged from something that in no way could pay the way you thought it should. I have a lot of fun doing these outlets because it pays for stuff I'm going to do regardless. I hope you find an outlet that you enjoy. :)

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    If you are working on sites like Postloop or Swagbucks, or Inbox Dollars, you can't expect to even come close to making ends meet. These are sites that you should think of as just putting a little extra money in your pocket each month. I work these sites because I really enjoy the work that is offered, but I write articles for the bulk of the money I earn online.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:One place people make a living with is selling on e-bay or at amazon.com. The thing is you've got to know about shipping your things to sell safely. Survey sites make an average of $10 in 6 months I notice. Good survey sites with paypal account is surveyspot.com, inboxdollars.com & swagbucks.com. I've learned of some new things here too so thanks for posting everyone. Always could use more money!:p

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree. These websites aren't even going to come close to paying the bills, and that is even when you are doing all of them at once. You will earn a decent amount of pocket money at the very least. You have to combine a number of websites together in order to earn a decent amount of money online, and even then it is still very difficult to make ends meet.

12. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    There are online jobs that do pay more but they are not extra money jobs. There are numerous opportunities for doing customer service over the phone and some of these jobs hire for part time or full time. A good way to get started is by checking out work from home websites that list job opportunities but always do your own research also.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have noticed the same thing, and if you were to be employed doing one of those jobs, there's a good chance that you'd stop having the time and energy to be able to put into many - if not most - of those extra money jobs. Some of those customer service jobs, and others like it, require qualifications too. I prefer to stay away from them, but I wouldn't not mind being a chat agent.

14. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    The small click jobs on Get Paid To sites can be awful. I will not spend time on a website that is way too time consuming. I'm on Cash Crate which is pretty good. It's just for extra cash every now and then. $20 is the payout and they send you a check. But I hate trying to qualify for surveys. I have 2 small kids and stay home with them so I don't have all the time in the world to be clicking around a bunch only to make little money. Our time needs to be worth what we're getting paid anyhow. Hopefully you have found something better since this post was made. And you've gotten a lot of great ideas from everyone else, so that helps. ;)

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree. You are sat there for hours trying to partake in all of these different task in order to reach cashout, and it can bee tediously slow going, depending on which Get Paid To website you are using of course. But the general consensus that that GPT websites are slow earning, which they usually are if my experience serves me correctly.

16. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9hNew Member

Threads:
    Same here. It seems it takes me forever to be able to cash out anything. I read about others sometime that make so much money online and I wonder how they do it. I guess you have to get a bunch of little jobs online and they will add up. But I guess you just have to find the right type of jobs. Please post any that can help us out if it's allowed.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that the money is not great but it does give you pocket change or help to pay the cell phone bill. Some money is better than no money, work it when you have time and have nothing else going on.

18. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9hNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah I am just glad to make even a little bit online. At least I will be able to pay my cell phone bill. Every little bit helps. And if I get a regular full time job then it will just be extra. I always say it's better than making nothing.

19. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Of course it's not easy. I still remember when I was fairly new to the online marketing scene, I thought that earning money revolves around PTC sites and GPT sites. In fact, I spent a lot of my early years on those websites until I found out about Warriorforum. That's where I learned about the "real" cash cows in the online marketing scene however in order to succeed in those methods, you need to be patient and exert a lot of effort because great results are dismal when you're first starting.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I was the same as you in thinking that, and spent quite a bit of my time with the website Swagbucks. The earning was so slow that I don't even have the words to describe it. I used to earn five dollars every three weeks, I think, which is nothing. I don't think that we were wrong in our thinking either. Unless you had a particular skill, earning online was all PTC and GPT, until recent years, where that has changed.