Online Work is not easy

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lady350 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best I did online was when I had my own web based business. It did very well, but it was taking all of my time from my family, so I closed up and didn't make a dime for a long time after. Now I do a little of this, a little of that.. whatever doesn't steal entire days from me. Surveys alone will make me a couple hundred+ a month. People tend to snub their noses at the ones that take forever for cash out or don't pay a lot per survey, but on top of the others, it all comes together and adds to the pot. Pretty good considering how little you have to do for it. Then there's others that expect you to be a brain surgeon for pennies.. such a joke.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How did I not know this before?? How dare you keep things from me? How dare there be things about you that I do not know, JosieP lol??? Huh?? ;) I am impressed that you could set up an online business. I wouldn't have the patience or smarts for that lol.I agree about the surveys. If you pick the right sites, you can definitely earn a couple hundred a month.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL.. forgive me! But yes, I ran it for 5 years and right when it was about to get way bigger, I got scared and shut down. It was already taking my every thought and free moment, I couldn't imagine putting more of myself into it when my family barely got much of me as it was. Even though I was right there. Then my son was diagnosed and we decided to pull him out of school and that was the turning point. I shut down and been breathing ever since. It was my baby though.. but the main focus wasn't what I loved (couldn't stand it actually).. it was the tech stuff and the business behind it all.. I absolutely loved it, but the business itself bored me. If that makes sense without detail.. I don't like talking about my personal stuff in front of the world lol.

Anyway.. it's another aspect a lot don't want to look into because they prefer small tasks, but expect more for doing them. You can't make any real money online unless you really work for it. So either give up your entire life to click and just make ends meet (or not at all).. or create something out of what you love to do. Even if it doesn't pay the bills; it's better than grovelling for pennies.. which most of this feels like lol. Gross.. no matter what I do, I feed a beast I can't stand lol.

And my favourite colours are happy colours, if I haven't told you yet lol ;)

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amid my busy days in the office, I still can engage in online work even for some snapshots only. Although the money is not my main objective, I just want to be kept abreast with the business. And I am somewhat enjoying because the cents keep coming and for all I know my bank has dollars already. But I can't say that online work can replace my office work because online work pays so little for now.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lmao! No, I'm not forgiving you. Okay, maybe this once. But don't let it happen again, otherwise there will be hell to pay. I love how I'm saying this and I don't even know your name hahaha!!! :) I love that you were so successful, but I completely understand such a fear. Business is one of the most boring things in all the land. The actual occupation may be fun, but business in general is tedious I agree. Hmmmm, red is my favorite color, and it had better be yours too ;)

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    NOOoOOooOOooooOOOoOooOo!!!!!!! I must rethink this eship of ours Dreekster. Red? RED??????? I'm weeping.. my whole world is crumbling around me :*( There is a tiny glimpse of hope for us yet though... you're rad, I may be able to look past it. I'll need time though.... le sigh.

Yep.. the type of business was a snore, but building it and running it (parts of it anyway.. some of it sucked), I was obsessed, I loved it. I'm happy I'm not doing it anymore though. It's so not me at this point.. I just want simple and happy :)

7. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    Don't get discouraged. It all adds up. Sometimes it just takes a little while. These jobs are not meant to be your main source of income. It is only to give you a couple of extra bucks in your pocket for when you don't have anything else to do. I use it for the little extras my kids need for example, but you can let it build.

8. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I don't think that most people who decide to work from home/doing online work realize at the beginning how much work you actually have to put into it. It's not a quick money maker by any stretch of the imagination, and a lot of people give up.

Every once in awhile you'll find one of those sites that just fits well with what you're good at and what you're willing to put into it, but even then you're probably not going to make a whole lot.

I have some friends who make their full living online, but it seems as though they put in about 20 hours a day to come up with the same wages that I'd make in 8 hours at a job outside of the home.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    You have a problem with red? :O *looks around to find chainsaw to see if one can extract one's favorite color from JosieP* LOL. Too much?? It's probably a good thing I don't know your name lmfao! ;) Yes red!! The sexiest, most sensual color known to man. Orange comes a close second though.

In my opinion, all business is a bore. The field may not be boring, but the business aspect of it just seems like it would send me nuts through tedium. I don't know how people do it. I guess they have to be REALLY passionate about it. Amen to simple and happy, which is why I eventually put the chainsaw away ;)

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh man LOL.. wasn't expecting that. Maybe it IS a good thing you don't know my name haha. I haven't told you yet, that's funny.. I hadn't realized. Oh well.. not like I'd announce it on here anyway... like if I did everyone would know EXACTLY who I am and stalk me with a chainsaw to see what colour I bleed lmao.
    Speaking of which.. it's my mothers fave colour, so maybe that whole sexy shmexy aspect explains things LOL can't exactly see the yummy side of red when it's the majority of my mothers wardrobe lol.
    I LOVE orange.. happy orange, not fall orange lol. And yellow.. and all colours cheerful :)

blech, business.. I still want to open that food rehab though lol. I think my obsessions revolve around making people happy and healthy; if I can create a business around that, I'd forget I was businessing lol.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    You will realize by the time I am finished with you. I will not stop reminding you :p I'm kidding. I understand that you don't want to disclose your name, and know why. It is the smart thing to do, and you have always been smart ;) Your mother is amazing for having a wardrobe full of red clothes. Most of my stuff is red too lol :/ Yellow is one of those colors that I dislike the most because I find it boring. I love all kids of orange!!!

Knowing that you have business experience, I don't see any reason why you couldn't eventually set this rehab up, JosieP :)

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yellow depends on what it's on or the other colours it's with. I don't actually own anything yellow, but if it makes something look happier, I dig it lol. Can't wear it to save my life.. I look ill in it.
    As for my business experience.. anyone can start a business if they have a few bucks for a license lol.. so my experience doesn't really say much. When it comes to something so different at least. I'd know what to do in this case, but definitely will never have the funds or land for it lol. Can I use your place?? lmao/..

13. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been able to find much in the way of online work, with the exception of small PTC jobs. The best I've found is PostLoop and Microworkers. I recently signed up for Inbox dollars, but I don't expect to get rich, or even comfortable any time soon. :D

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    How do you feel about survey websites? I know that there are a lot out there, many of which are scammy, and you have to find the right ones. But when you can find a select handful that work for you, you will and can earn a decent amount of money. The only restrictions are the countries that you live in though, as certain sites are only open to certain countries.

15. Brenda Barnousky

Threads:
    I used to love survey sites, and in the past, I have actually made a decent amount of money from them. However, in recent years, it's been downhill for me. I rarely make it to the end of a survey before being told I don't qualify. It's so frustrating! I always feel like I've wasted my time. There are a few that I still do like, but I wouldn't try to earn any real consistent money from them.

16. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I feel your pain for sure. I cannot work those miserable jobs in public for reasons. So I try to make as much as I can doing work on the computer. I have not been making as much as I desire to. BUT I will not be giving up on making money at home. I am sure something fantastic will come up sooner or later.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    You must keep trying to find decent ones, which can be tedious and a little frustrating. But once you find a select few that you can somewhat rely upon, it becomes easy. Prolific Academic is a great source of money. I have not been with them for over two months, and have already earned over sixty pounds with them. That is just one site.

18. Brenda Barnousky

Threads:
    You're right about Prolific Academic. I've accumulated some money with them, and once I get a survey invite, I always seem to qualify. That's one of the ones I'm sticking with. I know there are others, we just have to find the ones that work for us.

19. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I will never understand the people who think that working online (from surveys or whatever) is a get-rich-quick scheme. It's honestly just a little change here and there, and sometimes it takes awhile. It definitely isn't for those who are impatient; I like to just keep working at it during my down time or whatever and then cash it out when it gets to a certain point!

At times I've even forgotten to check my "balance" and it's always a nice surprise when I realize I have more than I need to cash out for a particular prize or for a particular amount of money :)

20. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    Be optimistic!
    You will appreciate the time you are going through today.