Online Work is not easy

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lady350 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, they are amazing and pay so well :) If you are ever online throughout the day, check for new studies. Don't wait for their study invites, because there are always studies that you are able to complete and sometimes they will invite you and other times they will not. They are one of the best, for sure.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd second any vote for Prolific Academic, it's a great site. The withdrawal threshold is low, the surveys pay comparatively well and they are fairly frequent. They don't take too long to complete either. I manage to cash out once a week with relatively little effort.

3. DreekLass

Threads:
    Me too. I always let the money build up to over the payment threshold though. I let it build up to £20 or and over, because when you let it build up to over £20, then you don't have to pay any cashout fees. I hate earning money, cashing out, and then having like fifty pence taken out of my earnings just for cashing out. It is frustrating because I could have had more, you know? Lol.

4. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Dreeklass, thanks for that tip. I will start checking with them. Missbishi, I first heard about them thanks to you, and I want to thank you for bringing them to my attention. I was able to cash out yesterday for the first time, and I'm wondering how long it takes to get your money from them. Do you know?

5. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    Most online work is easy like those involving clerical tasks resulting in lower pay. But some are a bit more challenging like creative and professional writing, virtual assisting, coding, etc., which pays more. It depends on what specialization you are in and what site or company you are in. The best ones are those with flexible schedules and fair rate of payment.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    They will usually pay you the same day, but sometimes it can take a bit longer. I usually allow more than the £5 to amass in my account before cashing out, and the last time I cashed out with them I cashed out £40, and it took about three days - possibly longer, for the money to reach my Paypal. But that may be because we went into the weekend.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    It's not easy especially if you're just starting out. I feel like the only way you can truly be successful in an online job is if you have your own blog and you just invest on that with interesting contents and as soon as you start attracting traffic, that's where you start earning and you won't need to be working as hard. But i understand not everyone gets lucky.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree, online work is not easy and is definitely not for the faint hearted LOL You need a lot of energy, time and patience. It's certainly not enough to rely solely on. Well, unless you're doing proper freelance work, which I've not dipped into yet. I'm only just working on my profile on UpWork. It's time consuming and takes a while to complete. I'm also trying to take a few tests to boost my profile, because without a nice portfolio of past work, I'm really starting from zero. I've finally decided to dip my toe into freelancing to see what it's all about because I know some people regularly land some plum gigs. I'm guessing getting started won't be easy, but I hear once you gain traction, you can make some good money. So you may want to check out freelancing, as opposed to relying solely on bit online jobs.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know if this is the only way, but it appears to be one of the more common ways to make a good amount of money amongst those who have had some success. There are all sorts of jobs working for already established online companies, doing emails, sending out payments - all sorts.

10. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    You need to invest a good chunk of hours to make a decent amount of money with Beermoney sites. These are best suited for better-than-nothing scenarios and when you need an extra income to get by every month or just for savings.

But in general is most worth it to invest time polishing your skills whichever they are instead of sinking tons of hours in money making activities that doesn't help to improve any of your desired skills. At least content writing sites provide room to polish your writing skills. But taking survey? Pay to click? Watch advertisements? Fill up captchta? Not even the slightest. But is your time and if you find any of these as profitable activities, congratulations.

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not find micro tasks to be worth my time at all when I can spend an hour writing an article and sell it for like $40. I think people are starting to get more smart about how they spend their time and that is why some of the micro task sites sink.

12. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    As a fellow clickworker, I understand your frustration. However, living in a place with ridiculous minimun wage, they are also a blessing. My day job is 8 hours and pays the equivalent of 10 US dollars and that is also more less what I make online each day so, despite being burdensome, they are awesome too.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    Has anybody head about a website called Rev? I got an email from them yesterday out of the blue, which was strange to me since I cannot remember ever signing up with them. But it is a captioning and transcribing website? Has anybody been able to make any decent money with them, or heard that they are a decent site from anybody else?

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass....I have personally never ever heard of this site. I guess maybe because I have never really got into transcription work, even though I've always been kind of keen to give it a go! Your post piqued my interest, so i went ahead and did a Google search for reviews, which seem very positive. So you may want to give it a try. Have a look at the link below of a personal, first-hand account of a happy Rev member:

15. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    Making money online with things like Leapforce Appen and Lionbridge are incredibly hard due to the tedious exams which have an incredibly high fail rate.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thank you for the link. I had previously dona review search myself, and although they were somewhat positive, I always prefer to get feedback from people that I can get a feel for on forums such as this :). You never know who is writing those positive reviews, or why they are writing them. I have come across reviews saying that they don't pay so well for the amount of work that you have to put in, and you just can't trust some of these reviews.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh absolutely, that's so true! These days you can never be 100% sure that the reviews out there are genuine. I'm also very cautious, and like you, always come back to my favourite forums and throw stuff to the floor, just to be sure! I agree; It doesn't matter how negative or positive the reviews are, it's always best to get further opinions from people you regularly interact with. Good luck if you do decide to go with it :)

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well, after further investigation, not many people that I regularly interact with have got any experience with Rev, and the reviews that I found with a Google search were seemingly good, but then people were complaining about not making enough money for the amount of work that they want you to put it. They don't pay for your time. They only pay for how much of the video you have transcribed.

19. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh ok! That's very, very interesting, so thanks for all that @DreekLass@DreekLass.I actually thought it was very promising. It just goes to show you how important it is to do further research outside of what you find on the www. So you were very right to throw the question to the floor here and elsewhere, in case somebody is familiar with the site. I really don't know why these sites do things like this, because word always get out, and we all swap notes!!! They can never really get away with it, because we then avoid them like the plague!

20. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I heard it has a terrible reputation... But then that might not be true. I personally didn't pass their test so I can't verify it but I have heard of people getting their account terminated randomly and then not getting paid.