Online Workers How Do You Manage Your Time And Sleep

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by tonyb • Oct 27, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    My work online is taking part of my supposed sleeping time. For those of us that spend hours working online visiting many different sites, how do you manage your time and ensure you are able to sleep for up to the recommended number of hours as adults. I guess the least number of hours adults are expected to sleep for a balanced sleep is seven, somehow I found out I do come short of this number of hours because of my many activities online which run late into the nights.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have found that if I don't stop doing anything that I am doing, online or otherwise, then my productivity and also the quality of whatever I am doing will suffer. I always stop in the evening and spend some time just relaxing and settling down before we go to bed.
    I have found that if I work too late at night, then the next morning , I am not anywhere near as productive as when I have had a good night's sleep, and can actually get more done than if I slept less hours and worked longer.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, I have to sacrifice some of my sleeping time for finishing off all the online work I have taken up. Now I have reached a situation that even if I want to sleep early it takes me time before I really fall asleep. However the good part of the story is that it makes no difference on my rising habit.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If my venture in earnings sites wll be successful then I guess I have to budget my time. It is not good to be working overovertime all the time even if you are just at home. Right now I budget my time like only 2 hours of Internet work in a day.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I appreciate your control over the temptation but I am not that good at this. When I see an opportunity I go overboard in some cases. Like I was getting surveys regularly. I finished them all and it was 1 AM when I finished the last one. I will sleep for some time in the noon today as there is no work today.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think it also depends on how ambitious you are to earn more online. In my own case I try as much as I can to visit as many paying sites I know and do all available tasks each day. This consume a lot of my time.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, I never leave a chance to earn as long as I see I qualify for the job. However I never touch a job which is out of my reach or I know I will do a bad job. That will probably prove bad for my reputation. I never try to pretend as far survey sites are concerned because they have tricky questions and once you disqualify 2-3 times in a row your chances of getting surveys from those sites reduce down.

8. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use my sleeping time to engage in the internet activities, but my normal day hours. I am sure that there are some folks who relentlessly work for hours and write, but I am just not among them. I have nothing to brag about, I just participate in discussions and that is pretty much it.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    It's quite easy to fall into the temptation of taking on whatever online work there is because there are many such opportunities and who wouldn't want money? However, time is such a precious commodity these days. I had to cut down on my online gigs to give way to a more stable and higher earning day job. As it is, I'm only sleeping around 5 hours a day on weekdays to juggle being an employee, a mom, and an online worker. I do sleep longer and step up on my online work during weekends.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    If you are caring for your number of required hours for your sleep, I am afraid you are going to compromise your online job for that matter. You won't regret later if your body health condition is affected. Don't compromise your for an online income if it would greatly affect yourself, your well-being especially when you get sick. When you get sick, all those online job of yours would be affected and you know what will happen next. It's time for you to make a definite decision before it's too late.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I know it makes a great deal of difference on your health but when I see a good opportunity of getting good money I can't stop and simply go for it and complete it. In m case most of these opportunities come in form of tech related survey surveys which pay any thing in between $1.5 to $3 taking almost 20- 30 minutes in US time which happens to be my sleeping time. In some cases I complete 4-5 surveys with in 2 hours.

12. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Given my schedule I cannot work till late hours of night though I intend to. Online wage is pretty less. At times when I get tempted to reach to a certain amount, I work more. But eventually that takes a toll on my other activities and health. It is really hard to add cent by cent online, and sometime to earn a decent amount I even sacrifice sleep when opportunities overlap with the sleeping time.

13. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think the average sleeping time varies from person to person. Ideally a grownup person needs 5-6 hours of sound sleep a day. I need 6 hours of sleep at a stretch.

As most of my online work happens at night it's adversely affecting my sleeping schedule. Ideally we should sleep at the same time everyday and our biological clock also get adjusted to it. But in online field there is no fixed schedule and it really hampers my sleeping and over all health. I am trying to overcome it but still fighting.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Especially to those that have come of age I don't think it's advisable to work late into the night and be deprived enough sleep. This may not be good for the health. Like you rightly said good budgeting of the time to ensuring adequate sleep is very necessary for aging adult.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That is one reason I never work for online jobs which pay in cents but go for jobs which offer decent money. If I see a survey offering anything less than $1 and the completion time more than 10-15 minutes I will never start it. I have certain fixed online work which pay comparatively better and worth my time.

16. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Since I started working online sleep stopped being a priority. In some sites the jobs are posted very late at night and I have to be up to waiting. Others are unpredictable and I have to be alert so that I won't miss a job. I only sleep when I'm totally in fatigue. This is when I can't even handle myself. I hope this will change sometime but the truth is, I rarely allocate time for sleeping.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I appreciate your love for work but at the same time suggest you to make some rules. Like I never stay awake after 1 AM whatever the temptation. One of the main reasons is that I have to reach for my regular workouts at 6 in the morning and I think I must have 5 hour's sleep at least.

18. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I'm working on some rules but they haven't materialised yet. I also work out but my sleep and my job online do not interfere with my routine.

19. elitesquatter

elitesquatterNew Member

Threads:
    That's a good question. I try to sleep in "parts". I sleep for 3-4 hours, then work, then sleep for another 3-4 hours. I don't want to stress myself out but I also want to work efficiently.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends from person to person how he plans his working habits. As far I am concerned I am really too short on time. I have my offline job, my workout schedules and than lots of online work. So I prefer a balanced schedule and complete them all. I sometime miss some of my sleep in the process but I never miss my work or workouts.